"Back" , "Run" animation sequences

Level design, models, animations, physics, etc.
13 posts Page 2 of 2
fLUnKnhaXYU
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:07 am
the only advantage i might see would be in a slightly simpler creation process where adding sequences to a timeline , adding and naming markers would be eliminated . Also , today I did the export new again with the proper names . All of the animations ran straight from the first import however all of the sequences looping had to be set . this is the resulting file . And editing the file causes the sequences to get mixed up , backwards in reverse for forward. and even forward for side > IDK .

This works fine
function frozen_character_BigS_tstanceCDAE::onLoad(%this)
{
echo("\c2TSSHAPECONSTRUCTOR ID = " @ %this);,-this is edited in and doesnt cause any problem
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("Crouch_Forward", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("crouch_Root", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("prone_Root", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("root", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("Run", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("Side", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("sitting", "1");
}
This is after editing the 2 lines in forward key causes Back in reverse in a forward direction and side keys are using forward in a sideways direction . ???
function frozen_character_BigS_tstanceCDAE::onLoad(%this)
{
echo("\c2TSSHAPECONSTRUCTOR ID = " @ %this);
%this.setsequencegroundSpeed("run", "-1 0 0", "0 0 0");<--------these get added and the animations get mixed up
%this.setsequencegroundSpeed("side", " 0 -0.3 0", "0 0 0");<----
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("Crouch_Forward", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("crouch_Root", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("prone_Root", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("root", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("Run", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("Side", "1");
   %this.setSequenceCyclic("sitting", "1");
}
Duion

by Duion » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:18 am
I used the run animation for backwards as well, it just reverses the run animation and I don't have to make a back animation, this is also how I think it is made to be used, you make a run animation and for backwards movement you use the same and it automatically gets reversed.
fLUnKnhaXYU
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:45 pm
A couple of things today that I think you'll like or maybe someone will find interesting . Im not sure of the usefulness as my understanding of the lower knowledge of inner-working may lend it all to naught . So ,
first thing is taking the Torque3D soldier approach for the animations .
I export a character model to a folder . This DAE file contains the armature , mesh , materials and T-Pose . no additional sequences .
example ; export to art/shapes/actors/MyNewCharacter
After that export a DAE with only the armature , animations and all actions , to wherever , such as
art/shapes/actors/myNewCharacter/myNewCharacter_anims . You can then add the sequences to your meshed model from the other file .
these are the files I used .

this one is for the meshed model with only the tstance . You can see where it adds sequences from the other file . And shows my breakthrough with the groundSpeed method which is explained below ,
singleton TSShapeConstructor(frozen_character_BigS_tstanceCDAE)
{
   baseShape = "./frozen_character_BigS_tstanceC.DAE";
   loadLights = "0";
   unit = "1.0";
   upAxis = "DEFAULT";
   lodType = "TrailingNumber";
   ignoreNodeScale = "0";
   adjustCenter = "0";
   adjustFloor = "0";
   forceUpdateMaterials = "0";
};

function frozen_character_bigS_tstanceCDAE::onLoad(%this)

{

%this.addSequence("./BigS_anims/frozen_character_bigS_poseLib.DAE back", "back", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("./BigS_anims/frozen_character_bigS_poseLib.DAE root", "root", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("./BigS_anims/frozen_character_bigS_poseLib.DAE run", "run", "1", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("./BigS_anims/frozen_character_bigS_poseLib.DAE side", "side", "0", "-1", "1", "0");

%this.setSequenceGroundSpeed("back", "0 -1.5 0");
%this.setSequenceGroundSpeed("root", "0 0 0");
%this.setSequenceGroundSpeed("run", "0 2.7 0");
%this.setSequenceGroundSpeed("side", "3 0 0");
this one imports the file with the actions in it . There are a few more actions in the file and I only used these few to test it .
singleton TSShapeConstructor(frozen_character_BigS_poseLibDAE)
{
   baseShape = "./frozen_character_BigS_poseLib.DAE";
   loadLights = "0";
   unit = "1.0";
   upAxis = "DEFAULT";
   lodType = "TrailingNumber";
   ignoreNodeScale = "0";
   adjustCenter = "0";
   adjustFloor = "0";
   forceUpdateMaterials = "0";
};

function frozen_character_bigS_poseLibDAE::onLoad(%this) 
{

%this.setsequenceCyclic("ambient", "false");

%this.setsequencecyclic("back", "true");
%this.setsequencecyclic("root", "true");
%this.setsequencecyclic("rUN", "true");
%this.setsequencecyclic("side", "true");

}
This worked great from the start but , I continued having problems with setGroundSpeed . Finally I tried something that so far has worked . You can see it in the file with the setGroundSpeed commands . for "back" the Y is a negative number , for "run" Y is a positive number , for side the X is used , assuming that they are X,Y,Z , i really dont know :? . Anyway , seems to be working fine .+ for what its worth , Im not a pro so this isnt professional and is subject to improvment . thanks
13 posts Page 2 of 2