learning to work on Torque3D

15 posts Page 1 of 2
noemen

by noemen » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:53 pm
For those who are having trouble learning TS, I strongly recommend that you study the basics of c ++ and then study TorqueScript. Once you know the basics of both, I recommend practicing TS using the GUI Editor and Torsion as you will find simple solutions when creating a GUI.

To learn, I recommend that you study the full template code using Torsion Find in Files (and Look in: Project) and then look for what you didn't understand (in the Torque3D documentation or ask here in the Forum).

I also recommend that as you learn something new, you should try to show others how to solve their problems as well. Then you will create a learning network ... I have a saying, "The best way to learn is to teach." I will create a basic guide on how to learn to work with Torque3D.
bsisko
by bsisko » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:40 am
Looking forward to it, Mr. Noeman. Perhaps a good idea is to start a YouTube channel as well. People are more a visual sort of creature. Look me up tomorrow.
noemen

by noemen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:00 pm
Looking forward to it, Mr. Noeman. Perhaps a good idea is to start a YouTube channel as well. People are more a visual sort of creature. Look me up tomorrow.
Hi bro, forgive me for the delay. I was working on Torque3D. Since I don't have much access to the Internet (on economic principles ...), I find it easier to write and publish here. But I can write texts and show some screenshots and you can create these same video tutorials. I think that would make your life so much easier.

And what you learn, share it here. This will help people who are going through the same situation I went through.

As I like to draw, I will also offer tips on how to learn to draw very easily (working with colors ... create the best color palette for your game theme and etc). I have a lot to offer ...
Duion

by Duion » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:24 pm
Maybe you can use the Wiki here, it can need some attention as there is hardly anyone updating it now. http://wiki.torque3d.org/
noemen

by noemen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:39 pm
Maybe you can use the Wiki here, it can need some attention as there is hardly anyone updating it now. http://wiki.torque3d.org/
Good idea Duion, I'll have a look.
Bishop
by Bishop » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:11 pm
Looking forward to it...great idea for beginners...Thanks for your time and effort to help!
noemen

by noemen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:00 pm
Looking forward to it...great idea for beginners...Thanks for your time and effort to help!
You're welcome...I think initiatives like this have created a learning cycle and will strengthen this community. I strongly recommend that you also have this initiative, let's create a network of studies and teachings ... so that we can all realize our dreams, which is to create a game. You do not need to teach a secret formula, but how to create your own secret formula. Show your own path where the artist (or programmer) can walk productively.
noemen

by noemen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:22 am
@
bsisko
When I send you a private message, this error appears "Some users could not be added as they have disabled private message receipt.".
noemen

by noemen » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:16 am
Hello guys, I've been offline for a long time. I am opening a game studio, I already have a team and I am in the stage of seeking financing for the project (government and businessmen). I am in a very complicated stage, as I am obliged to study the operation of the Games Market (national and international) in order to make business presentations. I believe I'm learning a lot from this ...
Duion

by Duion » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:00 am
You got a prototype ready? I would do that first, otherwise you will have problems estimating how long it will take you to finish a project or if you already got the skills to do so.
15 posts Page 1 of 2