This thing uses T3d

Friendly conversations, and everything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:08 pm
Hello,

This "thing" uses t3d. Scroll to the last image : https://github.com/ConfettiFX/The-Forge
bsisko
by bsisko » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:51 am
Chelaru,

Have you used this thing?
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:30 pm
Chelaru,

Have you used this thing?
Hello, i don't use it. I just found out. My idea was to ask the forum, maybe some one from the SC will give us some info.
Duion

by Duion » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Hello, i don't use it. I just found out. My idea was to ask the forum, maybe some one from the SC will give us some info.
You mean the Steering Committee? That does not exist anymore for years now, just in case you did not know.

Regarding to the topic, I don't even know what this is good for, it just says rendering framework, what are you supposed to use it for? It seems to be middleware not designed for end users.
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:32 pm

You mean the Steering Committee? That does not exist anymore for years now, just in case you did not know.

Regarding to the topic, I don't even know what this is good for, it just says rendering framework, what are you supposed to use it for? It seems to be middleware not designed for end users.
It has T3d at the end. T3d is used as a engine from what i get.
Happenstance
by Happenstance » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:56 pm
I believe they're making this claim based off of a post Timmy made over a year ago in which he talked about writing a new gfx layer for 4.2 that would rely on The Forge:

viewtopic.php?t=1386#p10430

I doubt we'll see much progress on that any time soon and as of now T3D doesn't use The Forge at all.
Bloodknight
by Bloodknight » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:42 pm
I think you'd need to get more details from @ Timmy, but I believe this is more than just a one-off thing, from what I've seen discussed in discord there's some back and forth discussion between Timmy and the forge devs.

If this lives up to even half the hype then this thing will potentially be one of the biggest things in open source engine development for a long long time. I think the future of t3d is looking brighter and brighter because of things like this.
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:47 pm
I think you'd need to get more details from @ Timmy, but I believe this is more than just a one-off thing, from what I've seen discussed in discord there's some back and forth discussion between Timmy and the forge devs.

If this lives up to even half the hype then this thing will potentially be one of the biggest things in open source engine development for a long long time. I think the future of t3d is looking brighter and brighter because of things like this.
Is @ Timmy alive? Didn't he had a "breakup" with t3d ?
bsisko
by bsisko » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:08 am
@
Chelaru

Wow, I didn't know this topic was that hot!. Forgive me. I guess I'll be watching this thread if it got this much response in so little a time!

@
Duion

The Steering Committee hasn't been around for two years. Should I star a new thread for this topic, or can you reply on this one! So who is steering Torque Development?
Duion

by Duion » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:15 pm
@ Duion

The Steering Committee hasn't been around for two years. Should I star a new thread for this topic, or can you reply on this one! So who is steering Torque Development?
It is more like 3-5 years depending on how you define it, strictly speaking as soon as Torque3D was in the hands of the nonexistent community the idea of the steering committee and everything that came with it was more or less abandoned. JeffR has taken control of it all now, since he is the only active existing member left with write access to the repository, I would still be there as well, but they threw me out. It is probably pointless to create new threads about that, I did multiple times and it was still ignored.
14 posts Page 1 of 2