Pre-Release Candidate 4.0 build

This forum is for tracking and working on active issues that need to be resolved, as well as testing Pull Requests that are waiting to be integrated into Torque 3D.
27 posts Page 2 of 3
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:33 am
okay after downloading build 2 it fails to run the world editor on pbr test

im running GTX 970ti

on my other machine
RTX2070 strix it runs okay not sure whats happening

GTX970 machine hangs when it changes from loading objects to starting mission for a few seconds and then the system responds again

All settings on max on both but windowed

Console log only output that reports an error is this

Set::remove: Object "20856" does not exist in set

another error

tools/worldEditor/scripts/EditorGui.ed.cs (600): Cannot re-declare object [EditorMissionCleanup].
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Sun May 26, 2019 8:13 pm
Should note the OpenAL end of things on mac was a bit of a hack that cost us the new reverb stuff on that platform. At some point we'll need to revisit that to sort out how to properly use the git-included library instead of the os framework to leverage the AL_ALEXT_PROTOTYPES extended functionality.
Razer
by Razer » Thu May 30, 2019 1:21 am
Build 2 for windows crash on Windows 7, it says a dll is missing "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll"
brother_david
by brother_david » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 am
Build 2 for windows crash on Windows 7, it says a dll is missing "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll"
Same here.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 am
Some excellent spots/feedback on this guys!

As per my workblog, last 2 weeks was largely chasing down that really unpleasant crash-on-level load business, you can read up the details on that in the workblog thread.

Here's the latest precompiled, and my repo is up to date as well:
http://ghc-games.com/SC/Preview4_0_bld4_win.zip

Had to fix a few other small bugs throwing the UI off before I got this up, so the other platform builds will go up tomorrow.

I haven't had a chance to dig into the missing dll crash @ brother_david and @ Razer were running into for this one, so you guys might still run into it(now that we're not chasing an annoying phantom crash, crunching through this other stuff should go a LOT quicker now ;) ) so I'll do some research on that tomorrow as well.
Razer
by Razer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:54 pm
It is not a DLL related with something very specific to Torque 3D ? I have hundred dev tools and other things on my computer and it's the very first time a program asks for that DLL.

Meanwhile i downloaded that DLL and put it on the main Torque folder, but running AssetWork there is no crash but nothing happens ?
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:42 am
Mac Precompiled added to OP.

@
Razer
Can you clarify what you mean by 'nothing happens'? Do you see the splash screen? Get to the main menu? Anything in the logs?
Razer
by Razer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 pm
Mac Precompiled added to OP.

@ Razer Can you clarify what you mean by 'nothing happens'? Do you see the splash screen? Get to the main menu? Anything in the logs?
It's like it is starting looking at the mouse cursor, and nothing, no screen, no process running. Like the process just shuts down after starting.
Perhaps the DLL i downloaded is not the right version one.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:07 am
Hey, I've been attempting to compile the Pre-Release in Linux and so far have some case-sensitive problems. In customShaderFeature.cpp - line 23, it was CustomShaderFeature.h but was supposed to be customShaderFeature.h.

Damn case-sensitivity.

In meshREnderSystem.h, I changed, #include "core/util/SystemInterfaceList.h" to #include "core/util/systemInterfaceList.h"

There were some others too.

In renderProbeMgr.h, I had to change

Code: Select all

inline bool ProbeRenderInst::operator ==(const ProbeRenderInst& b) const

to

inline bool operator ==(const ProbeRenderInst& b) const

I got it to compile without errors and the executable would only run from command line.

I used

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS -no-pie

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE -no-pie
re-compiled and the executable would run with a double click. I don't really know what -nopie means but I read it isn't the best practice.

When I enter a level, there are a ton of errors that I believe may stem from case-sensitivity in Linux.

I will check more into it.

Thanks
brother_david
by brother_david » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:48 pm
I installed the dll so got it working that way. Also tried the build4 release, now works for me afaik :)

One thing i do want to point out is that Tonemapping in PostFx is not working, would you know why?
27 posts Page 2 of 3