using script to access UI elements

Scripting questions, discussions, etc
4 posts Page 1 of 1
bsisko
by bsisko » Mon May 28, 2018 5:15 am
Is there a way to use script to code UI elements?

For example, I have a GUIImage on the MainMenu GUI.
I want to use script that when a mouse click is resgistered on the control, it will execute the code to change images like
GUIImage.Picture = filename.

BTW, I am not at my work computer, so the above references are not correct, but approximations of what I know about Torque.
dstanton
by dstanton » Tue May 29, 2018 6:48 am
Certain GUI elements are updated on an action event, (ammo in the FPS demo, etc) . If you take a look at these events, you'll get a better idea of how it all works. I know theres a onObjectSelected(%this, %obj) event method, not sure if the scope exists on all GUI elements or what, but after it would be called, the main GUI element is stored in the %this variable and you're able to dig into the object further. A lot of these events and object properties can be found in the Torque documentation, found on google, you just have to keep in mind the object you're referencing.
Duion

by Duion » Tue May 29, 2018 9:19 am
Can't you update any GUI at any time through scripts? You just pick the name of the GUI, a value in it and set it to something in script, then it will update.
dstanton
by dstanton » Tue May 29, 2018 11:57 am
I'm going to add that I am not the sharpest programmer, and I might have to take back what I had commented earlier. onObjectSelected(%this, %obj) isn't a GUI function and should be ignored. Some of what I said should make a little more sense when you get to know the system more.
4 posts Page 1 of 1