Armor resource?

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:07 pm
Just because I'm being sort of lazy, I was wondering if there is an Armor resource that anyone knows about. I can't seem to find one but I would have imagined that it would be a common thing. Just apply damage only if the armor is gone.

I'm sure it will be easy but was just wondering if anyone has seen a simple armor resource.

Thanks.
fLUnKnhaXYU
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:21 pm
I just search for armor resource on the main forum page . I remembered some recent interest in the same resource .. I think there may something interesting concerning tanks or the like .

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1785&hilit=armor+resource
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1243&p=9754&hilit= ... urce#p9754
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=740&p=6162&hilit=a ... urce#p6162
Duion

by Duion » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:03 am
Yes I think I have something like this. The question is more what you want exactly, since what you are describing is more like a shield instead of armor. An armor would only remove a certain amount of damage in a certain location, but a shield will absorb all damage until the shield is gone, then the player is damaged.

I looked through my code and I seem to have locational damage modifiers, which give different damage amounts based on where the player is hit, then I have a shield system, which is probably what you want and I have a damage scale system, which removes a certain amount of damage depending on the damage type (explosion, fire, bullet etc) which would be more like armor system.

Shield system is at line 431 here https://github.com/Duion/Uebergame/blob ... apeBase.cs

You can search the rest of my code for keywords "shield" and "damagescale". I don't know if or how it works, since I don't have it in use, it is one of those many unused/unfinished features I have in my code for some reason.
3 posts Page 1 of 1