The ManFisher - WIP Oct & Nov 2020 (screens & vid)

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Nils
  by Nils » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:46 am
After an unexpected break in the development am I back on the project. Here some screenshots of a rough setup of a smaller island next to the main land (which covers most of the map) All the nitty details still need to be added and the needed scripts & optimization. It's a work in progress after all; so the final work will look different!

Click (or tap) to see their full resolution (4k)

(shot taken early in the design process)

This graveyard has been developed in one day with solely making use of the T3D editor: modeling the low poly tombstone's with the convex shape editor, prepping them with the shape editor and distributing them with the forest tool for optimization sake. The detail is less than you'd want to see but keeps the memory load and fps at bay on this big map.

All assets are developed by me. Shots are not edited, only converted to compressed jpg.

Edit: Link to https instead of http to avoid nagging browsers
Last edited by Nils on Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Duion

by Duion » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:34 am
Looks like GTA.
Nils
by Nils » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:25 am

This (raw) screen cap shows a small (side) mission of the game in development
Please note that this is a early work in progress and does not reflect the final game!

The animations & timing is still clunky, so does the ship gets too much water too much without sinking,
Near the end you'll see known render issues as well (the waves on the left)
... where the water becomes invisible when overlapping at certain angles.

Runs well with 30+ fps at 1080p with old hardware: i7-4770 3.50GHz / 16GB / GTX970
at max graphic settings without the optimization round yet applied (uncompressed etc.)

Watch it on YouTube (FullHD1080p): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFOXbguBH8

Edit: Changed the title, added "Nov"
Nils
by Nils » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:16 am
In case you missed the boat vid, see previous post ;-)

Workin' workin' workin'

Scenes for recording the trailer & teaser are being constructed and will at later time be key settings for the game's narrative as well. Some areas on the (for T3D) big map are given more attention than others.

Click (or tap) to see their full resolution (4k)

Please remember it's all but a work in progress and the final game will look different.

At the same time am I developing a whole new dialogue "system", making something easy to create content for and to maintain. More later, stay tuned!
Duion

by Duion » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:12 am
You don't have to apologize about the quality and that it is work in progress, it already looks excellent, well except the boat scene maybe, this indeed looks like work in progress, but otherwise I have nothing to complain.

Maybe the whole look could use some more contrast, like darker shadows, like a little stronger postFX like HDR and SSAO, but I already said that.
5 posts Page 1 of 1