learning to work on Torque3D

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Caleb
MODGRU
by Caleb » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:26 pm
Good luck on your endeavor! Maybe you will find this useful as you go forward. I thought there were some good tips in here for people looking to pitch their game.
bsisko
by bsisko » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:07 pm
@Noeman,

Just caught your message dated January 09, 2020. It is Feb. 14, 2020 now. I do not know how I missed it. Anyway, I just checked my profile and made sure that anyone could send me PM's.
noemen

by noemen » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:19 am
You got a prototype ready? I would do that first, otherwise you will have problems estimating how long it will take you to finish a project or if you already got the skills to do so.
Man @ Duion , I already have the project with estimates of time, money and final profit. But I'm working on the prototype ... I believe that this phase is just for me to understand the whole process. I am looking for government resources so that we can move forward with the creation of the prototype. The most complicated part is being able to manage all of this, but I believe everything will work out.

As the project is based on local history, I believe the government will help. The game could improve tourism in my region.

@ Caleb - Thank you very much! This will help me a lot and of course, help other people too.

@ bsisko - What a good guy ... I believe we can talk better lol
bsisko
by bsisko » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:31 am
Thanks. Catch me on Youtube starting next month. As soon as I come up with a handle, I'll post it here!
Duion

by Duion » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:36 pm
@
noemen

Do whatever you want, but I think the normal process is you produce a prototype first and then seek funding, not seek funding and then produce a prototype. It may work, but investors are less likely to invest then.
noemen

by noemen » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:44 am
In these last few weeks I have learned a lot from mistakes. I was on a very risky path ... the project had a very large scope. I was forced to pause this project; I am starting another project with a smaller scope (with a maximum of 400 hours of production).

*Questions I had to ask myself :

Is this your first game project?
-If yes: At this stage, do not risk making a very big project (1 to 2 years of production), because in the middle of the way be trouble or just give up. If your project is large, decrease the scope or create another one with a smaller scope (maximum 6 months of production). And please, finish the game and deliver ... Because this whole step will serve as an experience for the next project. Believe me, it is better to risk something simple than to lose 2 years of your life. (All this does not apply, if you have a lot of money to invest ... knowing you can lose or win).

-If not: Have you finished and delivered a game? If so, you already know what to do ... in the next project, deliver something better (eliminate mistakes from your previous project and filter out good practices). If not, it's no use ... you will have to finish, reduce the scope or start another smaller project (finishing and delivering the project is very important; that is, if you really want to make money).

"life is difficult, only the strong survive".
Now remove the "strong" and put the "smart", because whoever is smart uses the strongest to survive.
Duion

by Duion » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:29 am
400 hours is not much, even small looking games like 2D or mobile games can take thousands of hours to create. If you think you are done after 400 hours, it may take another 400 hours testing, bugfixing and preparing for release.
noemen

by noemen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:09 am
@
Duion

This is true ... But this is an estimate, as it is clear that it will never end on time ... There will always be mistakes to correct, but the act of completing the game and starting selling is already a big victory for those who are making your first game.

Your first 10 games will be bad!
Knowing this, it is best to do them as soon as possible.
18 posts Page 2 of 2