Pre-Release Candidate 4.0 build

This forum is for tracking and working on active issues that need to be resolved, as well as testing Pull Requests that are waiting to be integrated into Torque 3D.
57 posts Page 6 of 6
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:33 am
I'm simply going to note that while not perhaps as informative as an 'in face' conversation as it were, nor one of jeffs excellent writeups, https://github.com/Areloch/Torque3D/commits/Preview4_0 does contain roughly weekly updates regarding what made the cut after going over what exploded in our faces experiment-wise. While the ability to also read the code is useful for those of us following the minutia, the general commit notes are intended for public consumption.

Tieing that into the website talk, it'd probably be useful down the line to have tickers for a 'forks to follow' style announcement area to help folks stay in the loop.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:05 am
Tieing that into the website talk, it'd probably be useful down the line to have tickers for a 'forks to follow' style announcement area to help folks stay in the loop.
Yeah i have that in one of my examples, also full site editing for admins in site (wordpress blah blah)

Only thing is we can either link to these forums as they are which would require logging in when landing on the page or migrate to bbpress forums which will allow site wide accounts just in case later on down the line your not on the forum page but just browsing the site users remain logged in and would receive notifications on accessing the site about latest topics they have subscribed to etc.

main page sections from top down:-
Header with video showcasing torque3d
latest news slider over the top of video - probably most of the time will be news updates by jeff on changes being made/already made and pushed

next section is showcase of torques features and tools

next section is games made with torque

footer section is 3 colums
column 1
latest blog posts/news section updated by admins, this would be great for jeff to get the changes out to a wider audience since people wont have to navigate to/through the forums to see the changes.
column 2
latest forums and topics
column 3
github feed - highlights active forks and latest pushes to dev branch
Caleb
by Caleb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:54 pm
The last few pages of comments have been rather tangential to the original topic. If we have more suggestions about the best way to handle update announcements and best practices, then consider creating a new topic for the subject.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 pm
Original post updated with Build 5 precompiled builds.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:58 am
Thanks for posting the Linux version.

My version of glibc is 2.27 because I'm on Mint which is Ubuntu 18.04 so I get this---- libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by ./torque3d)

But it compiles without errors so awesome!

Edit: Some files seem to be invalid.

I can't add terrain or apply materials.

Loading a Level fails.

I've attached a console.log file.

Attachments

console.log.zip
(14.54 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
brother_david
by brother_david » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 pm
Enjoying each release!

Found that PostFx Tonemapping isnt available in the latest release, even removed from the PostFx window/menu/app, it does still exist in the shader files though. Any reason behind that?
I found that the tonemapping code is the same non-working Uncharted 2 style version as the one used in BeamNG atm. Ive replaced that with the old one slightly modified, to get it working, atleast in BeamNG.
Razer
by Razer » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:32 am
The black theme is really cool, but some dialog box texts and checkbox are black making them almost invisible.
57 posts Page 6 of 6