Community Code of Conduct

45 posts Page 2 of 5
Duion

by Duion » Fri May 24, 2019 3:13 am
Nobody is treating newcomers poorly here, you are trying to fix nonexistent issues with illogical methods.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Fri May 24, 2019 6:56 am
Speaking of non-existent issues. What is the issue? Every forum has a set of guidelines and rules. All sounds reasonable. I read the title and carried on.
Duion

by Duion » Fri May 24, 2019 11:56 am
@
Jason Campbell

The nonexistent issue is that Jeff thought I said something negative that I did not say. So the initial reason Jeff wrote this thing here only exists in his imagination, therefore it is nonexistent.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:52 pm
@ Jason Campbell
The nonexistent issue is that Jeff thought I said something negative that I did not say. So the initial reason Jeff wrote this thing here only exists in his imagination, therefore it is nonexistent.
you would of course be referring to your response to julius' post
If there is interest we are currently working on a Mattermost based team-chat for interested open source game projects https://chat.freegamedev.net
Mattermost offers a lot of neat devops integrations such as https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-plugin-github

We also have a Matterbridge running that could bridge to the existing Discord and IRC chats.

However, I have to say that Duion is currently banned on our network due to excessive trolling :) I might be willing to give him a third? chance though :p

P.S. we also have a new Gitea based code hosting repository: git.freegamedev.net
where you said
@ Julius
This forum is for game developers using Torque3D, you are neither a game developer nor are you using Torque3D.

Why would I as game developer using Torque3D want to be a member of a game development community where nobody is a game developer or using Torque3D?

PS: Bridging Discord chats is even more stupid and dangerous than using Discord by itself, since you just spread the infection.
Duion

by Duion » Fri May 24, 2019 1:17 pm
@
marauder2k9

You still did not make any argument, you just quoted something unrelated to his topic and said nothing on your own.
I can explain you once more, if you cannot understand what I wrote: I only made an argument why I don't want to be part of a certain community and why bridging Discord is even more stupid than using Discord itself.
I did not insult anyone even though I was insulted to be a troll. If you cannot even distinguish the offender from the victim you are either insane or corrupt, or both. Therefore your efforts to supposedly better things that were not bad, are undermined by corruption to begin with.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:32 pm
@ marauder2k9
You still did not make any argument, you just quoted something unrelated to his topic and said nothing on your own.
I can explain you once more, if you cannot understand what I wrote: I only made an argument why I don't want to be part of a certain community and why bridging Discord is even more stupid than using Discord itself.
I did not insult anyone even though I was insulted to be a troll. If you cannot even distinguish the offender from the victim you are either insane or corrupt, or both. Therefore your efforts to supposedly better things that were not bad, are undermined by corruption to begin with.
Oh i know why would i make any argument when u do a better job of making the point than i ever could, no one needs to hear my side when you make it so clear to everyone here that a code of conduct is in order
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Fri May 24, 2019 7:35 pm
As others have stated, a code of conduct is a very common thing, so one wouldn't think that having it should feel to be a problem at all.

That said, Duion, a good word to describe your behavior is antagonistic. Even in instances where your opinions are perfectly valid or you're correct, you are needlessly aggressive. This thread is an example of that where you're slighting at me for "imaginary issues". I know you're capable of conveying what you mean without needing to stoop to that.

I really don't feel that adhering to a code of conduct is that big of a problem. If the issues are truely imaginary, then it will be easy for everyone to follow the CoC without issue. My reason for pointing you at the CoC in the other thread is that it's pretty rude to align sharing space with another development community as an infection. You're free to hold your opinion, but that's a pretty rude way to posit your position.

You've similarly talked down at people for not being active developers. Even if they aren't currently, pretending that their opinion on things is irrelevent simply because they're new, or haven't been active recently is unnecessary.

All I ask is you consider your bluntness and wording. Again, if the issues involved are imaginary, then that shouldn't be difficult and there's no problem with otherwise following the CoC. If people are calling you insults then feel free to report them to me as well. These are community-wide rules, after all.

It's only if you refuse to acknowledge that there are more constructive ways to phrase things that we will have an issue, but I honestly think you're capable of phrasing things in a more constructive manner. So please do so.
XIXWYRMEXIX
by XIXWYRMEXIX » Sat May 25, 2019 4:00 pm
Codes of Conduct are good things to have. Fully support this. They are in fact "normal" for every single type of online community I have ever been a part of. I have been a part of this community for more than 10 years, I just lurk a lot. The more polished we can get Torque 3d and its website and forums the better off Torque is.
HeadClot
by HeadClot » Sun May 26, 2019 1:25 am
I am OK with the CoC :)
Duion

by Duion » Sun May 26, 2019 6:54 pm
My reason for pointing you at the CoC in the other thread is that it's pretty rude to align sharing space with another development community as an infection. You're free to hold your opinion, but that's a pretty rude way to posit your position.
I never said that, you made that up in your head and falsely accused me of it, so you are at fault here, that's why I say imaginary issue.
The discussion was about Discord and how it would be infectious for other services to Bridge them to Discord at no point I talked about other communities at all, I only made a comment about a certain person that is stalking me and calling me names like troll and telling everyone how bad I'm supposedly are, even though he is not a game developer or Torque user, so his intention is clearly not to be helpful in any way to our community.
You've similarly talked down at people for not being active developers. Even if they aren't currently, pretending that their opinion on things is irrelevent simply because they're new, or haven't been active recently is unnecessary.
I joined that community because I thought I could find like minded people and/or other game developers, so far I have met zero of them, so you are trying to appeal to a community that brought forth not a single active game developer using Torque3D or contributing in any way to our community or project. They do not even seem to care about the open source philosophy anymore by trying to bridge Discord to open source services.
45 posts Page 2 of 5