Work Blog - JeffR

350 posts Page 35 of 35
Lark
by Lark » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:10 pm
TAML implementation is much appreciated
Razer
by Razer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:39 pm
I'm here for new, is the release coming ?
Razer
by Razer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:48 am
Looking for news, is the release coming ? or next month ?
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:17 am
I was out of town the latter half of the week, so I couldn't comment.

I'm looking to have the updates to the BaseGame template all sorted this week so I can push out a testing candidate for that, after which the BaseGame template will be set up as the default template. From there, there's the PBR PR'ing, finishing out E/C-ification of game objects and the Project Manager as the main bits.

So yeah, actual RC should be next month, but will have the BaseGame template test candidate this next week so we can start bringing everything together.

I'll be updating the Roadmap tomorrow to reflect things as well for more in-depth info.
Razer
by Razer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:52 pm
I was out of town the latter half of the week, so I couldn't comment.

I'm looking to have the updates to the BaseGame template all sorted this week so I can push out a testing candidate for that, after which the BaseGame template will be set up as the default template. From there, there's the PBR PR'ing, finishing out E/C-ification of game objects and the Project Manager as the main bits.

So yeah, actual RC should be next month, but will have the BaseGame template test candidate this next week so we can start bringing everything together.

I'll be updating the Roadmap tomorrow to reflect things as well for more in-depth info.
What does mean the BaseGame ? It is a Torque 3 update or it is a new Torque 4 release ?
Bloodknight
by Bloodknight » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:10 pm
Basegame is the new format for the modularised templating system, right now it's a manual system but plans are around for trying to automate more of the project generation and management. It can already be found in the development branch of the repo.
Phantom_Limbs
by Phantom_Limbs » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:25 pm
Just out of curiosity, what diffuse and specular methods are being employed for the PBR implementation? Not that I guess it matters massively at the end of the day, but I'm always curious about this sort of thing.
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 pm
At time of writing, using invRoughness/metalness protocols to match folks current workflow of 'want sharper highlights, ramp the numbers up'. Been some back and forth on whether to just join the industry standard and do rough/metal, but figure that's a last minute cleanup detail, really. Particularly since we've got a switch there for swapping between modes.

Also at time of writing to save reference tracking space/speed, using what we're calling a composite map protocol that will either ramload smooth|ao|metal singulars into a single internal bitmap, or straight up load one with the relevant RGB channels already packed (also with a nice shiny 'save the composite' button for packing the three singulars into the one, though at present that does at least require all 3 bitmaps to share the same resolution. )

Or's this more a 'what spec method' type? if so, GGX since that was what everyone and their dog asked for when we started this.
Phantom_Limbs
by Phantom_Limbs » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:59 pm
I guess I was curious about both the workflow and the method, so you answered both sides of that question, thanks! :)
Razer
by Razer » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:31 pm
Is 4.0 coming February or later ?
350 posts Page 35 of 35