model in 3.10 not correct but 3.9 O.K.

Materials, textures, lighting, postfx
  • 1
  • 2
15 posts Page 1 of 2
fLUnKnhaXYU
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 am
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:46 pm
this is the static model as it appears in the pacific demo and v 3.9
Image

this is an image from v. 3.10
Image

its the same DAE file in both folders .
Duion
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:51 am
 
by Duion » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:03 pm
I would guess it has something to do with animations.
fLUnKnhaXYU
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 am
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:48 am
Thank you Duion ,
Here is an image in Pacific Demo , the same file during flying animation seen in the 3.10 image .
Image
fLUnKnhaXYU
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 am
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 am
Jason Campbell
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:51 am
 
by Jason Campbell » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 am
Strange. I can't even load the mesh into T3D. I get a "too many bones" error. Obviously you can. Try using the Shape Editor to move those nodes that are causing the stretching of the skin. It almost looks like the "origin" is being included in the "weighting" of the skin.
Duion
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:51 am
 
by Duion » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:43 am
You probably downloaded the .DAE file, but you should download the blender file instead, I did and it comes in different formats, for blender game engine, for cycles render, for animation and with baked animations.
I would chose the one with baked animations and try exporting it until it works, or you can use the one for animations and create animations yourself, or just use it for testing, if it exports and imports fine.
fLUnKnhaXYU
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 am
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:20 am
Sorry , Jason , its been a little while since I started messing with that file and I had only used it in ver 3.9 until this .I believe Duion is correct , I use blender and exported the DAE using the baked animations file . So this is from todays further look into it . As Jason suggested I checked the nodes in the shape editor .
Image
I have a current source code so i looked and fount this
tsShape.CPP

line 62.
U32 TSShape::smMaxSkinBones = 70 ;

Some numbers from the dragon model ;
number of bones in Rig = 137
number of bones in feet = 66
70 'ish

so I deleted the 66 foot bones plus a few head bones and relaced the feet bones with
just 4 bones . this picture shows the result . just a little messed up though .
Image
So , I guess its the bone limit then ?
fLUnKnhaXYU
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 am
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:40 am
so, this may be just redundant but heres a comparison of 3.9 (Left)and .310 (Right) . These are using the 137 bone original version of the armature , with a cam and eye added
Image
These are using the exact same folders for all of the art which are placed in each executables folder . besides the issue with the dragons rendering I am a little curious as to why the same color settings are so different in appearance . I only really noticed after i ran the sectors package in the 3.9 folder .
Duion
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:51 am
 
by Duion » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:36 pm
Ask @
User avatar
JeffR
or someone who knows the code better, but from what I know is, that the rendering is changing over time, I'm too lazy to look back and see what change was introduced in what version, but there were a lot of changes and maybe your bone issue was introduced somewhere down the line, so you could help debugging it, write an issue report and/or even fix the issue and make a pull request, things like that happen.
fLUnKnhaXYU
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 am
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:46 am
Thank you for your suggestions Duion .
  • 1
  • 2
15 posts Page 1 of 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest