MyRPG Master on steam - Early Access !

9 posts Page 1 of 1
vbillet

by vbillet » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:18 am
MyRPG Master is on Steam in early access !

I started with Torque in 2005. What an adventure !
I found Torque by chance. It seemed to look great, so I putted my 100$ to get it !
My first look to this engine brings me to the following conclusion : It's difficult to use, because it needs a lot of coding. Some features was insufficient, like terrains for instance. Meanwhile network, animations, particles, and many things was ready to use. I had roll up my sleeves to get something working ^^.

I decided to study Torque in depth. Then successions of versions drive me made ! TGE 1.3, TGE 1.4, TGE 1.5, TGE 1.5.1 TGE 1.5.2... :p TGEA EA1, TGEA EA2, and so on. Ha! Shaders ! Older Torquers can remember ! :)
But this succession of versions brought me what I wanted : A good understanding of this amazing engine. Community was really active. Peoples like dreamer brought some basic bricks RPGs with Torque. Graphic contents started to come ! There was plenty of Resources and code examples ! Projects were flowering... It was an amazing time !

I Started to develop my own project. First step was Huge Terrain Creator (HTC). It was a simple piece of soft allowing to build Huge terrains based on HexMap. It was with TGEA EA1, and it's awesome Atlas terrain (version 1).
Then things began to goes wrong. Atlas 2 failed to answer its objectives of lightweight big size terrain.

Then comes InstantAction... Hugh 1000$ ! :p
During this time I continued to develop my RPG Engine. It had to be generic. Dices rolls, and formulas system should be handle by my project.
I thought Torque had to be improved ! Instant action brought structure to code and a lot of bug solving, ability to handle in browser games, and many more. Even if releases were sparse, I thought that the engine was going in the right path. And then New clash ! Instant action was over ! Stress Time !
And GarageGames rebirth... New change of policy, (in the good way fortunately), Unity attacks, global feeling about Torque engine feared me. But, Now We've got a strong and robust engine able to handle many projects, including mine.

I teach programming in university in France, and with some students, last summer, we decided to start a crowdFunding Campaign with IndieGogo. We choose this platform because KickStarter is forbidden to European resident without building a company in the US. This campaign had to bring us the money to pay some summer job for students. Unfortunately we failed to achieve our financial goal. BUT a publisher called us and propose us to get published. In fact our goal was over-achieved ! :)

So Here is MyRPG Master.
What's this ? From coding point, it's an extension of the Torque3D editor. It's based on T3D and the awesome AFX. It includes a huge ready to use 3D objects library.
It's an early access software. Which mean some features are not yet available. I Mainly want to bring non-buggy features to my customers. Actually all features are developed, be still with bugs or are incomplete.
Last monday, sells began. We're on steam !

MyRPG is the software for the creation of your own role playing 3D worlds. It allows you to imagine and build your own play areas, your own GUI and your own adventures, without a single line of code. MyRPG is composed of many editors that meet all the needs of a role playing game creation.

And Now What ?
We will continue to develop MyRPG Master. I Hope that MyRPG will change many scandalmonger's opinion about Torque3D and GarageGames. I Hope sells will be good (The beginning we deeply glad). And Hope, soon, to get closer with GG for future development.

Visit us !
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329890
Last edited by vbillet on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
LukasPJ
Site Admin

by LukasPJ » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:22 am
@ vbillet we don't have parameters in BBCode yet unfortunately, just use \([youtube](video -id)[/youtube]\) for now.

Anyways this sound really cool! Make sure you don't get into trouble for redistributing AFX though ;).. I'm eager to see if you'll have success!

Though I gotta say, it seems like the video is focused mostly on the world-building part, I think a lot of users would like to know what gameplay and such they can implement using the MyRPG.
vbillet

by vbillet » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:27 am
Thank you for the youtube tip !

MyRPG Master in ALPHA VERSION... Many features are still missing, but we are on the good way.

Edit : I Don't redistribute AFX. MyRPG Master use it to build some effects. No source code is provided.
LukasPJ
Site Admin

by LukasPJ » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:54 pm
Oh yeah sure it's in alpha, I was just curious as to what the planned gameplay features was. Like can I create point-and-click gamed with it or maybe action games? Whats the scope and will it have multiplayer/mmo capabilities? All that game-play jazz :P
vbillet

by vbillet » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:38 pm
The idea is mainly to make a RPGMaker like with 3D instead of 2D. So all features will be RPG Oriented.
LukasPJ
Site Admin

by LukasPJ » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:41 pm
Yeah but my point was that I think your video would benefit to have some of that information, currently potential customers look at the video and think: I can build worlds, but what else does it do? something with RPG's I guess.

It's not for me personally, just some advice.
vbillet

by vbillet » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:04 pm
That's the difficult part with early access... We can show what we have, we must say what is coming, and being really clear about missing but planned features.

I also know torquers won't buy. They prefer coding. MyRPG is a tool to build RPGs Without coding. It's just a return of experience to the community. I think it's good for Torque community, that people realizing some project shares their experience.
LukasPJ
Site Admin

by LukasPJ » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:34 pm
Yeah I get that, it was just a suggestion on how you could, maybe, improve your video. Just a few more information on what gameplay features there will be would improve the video imo. :)
Steve_Yorkshire

by Steve_Yorkshire » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 pm
Congrats, Vincent! :)
9 posts Page 1 of 1