The ManFisher - WIP June/July 2020 (Screenshots)

32 posts Page 4 of 4
Nils
by Nils » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:20 am
Your church would probably make a good benchmark for the new rendering, to see how the lighting behaves etc, I would be interested in how it looks in Torque 4.0.
Don't count on it. I'll be focusing on getting this done without being sidetracked. If it weren't for the MIT license I wouldn't be using T3D in the first place. I may say positive words of work done to improve & evolve the engine; that doesn't make me pleased with the community in general; on the contrary, I have had & seen enough really.
Bloodknight
by Bloodknight » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:10 pm
While PBR and some of its more advanced 'addon' features do have some advantages depending on what you are aiming for I think the work done here shows how in reality some of the PBR stuff isn't necessarily needed to create fantastic looking work, in fact, the level of art here in many ways rivals and exceeds that of a lot professional/expensive non-PBR based games.

Having migrated some non-pbr art to pbr workflow (not 100% successfully I might add) there's a lot more to this transformative action than it appears to be, especially in terms of mixed material and atlas textures.
32 posts Page 4 of 4