BadBehavior

7 posts Page 1 of 1
GuyA
by GuyA » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:09 pm
It's been a long time, but I decided to revisit this project and try to bring BadBehavior up to date with the latest T3D codebase.

I have a branch in the BadBehavior repository (3.10.1_merge) which contains BadBehavior integrated into T3D 3.10.1.

The behavior tree editor does not work when using the SDL backend as it appears that the popup-menu implementation when using SDL is bugged and does not handle nested submenus.
To get around this, the TORQUE_SDL option needs to be disabled in the CMake gui. T3D will then use the windows platform backend for gui stuff, and the popup menus will work as they should. Everything else seems to work as originally intended.

Unfortunately, this means no Linux compatability until the SDL problems are sorted.
Duion

by Duion » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:07 pm
I also integrated BadBehavior but did not know if I should pull request it, since it does not work fully yet also because I'm lazy.

Since you conveniently already have it in a separate branch, could you make a pull request out of it?
Someone already made a pull request with adding BadBehavior ( https://github.com/GarageGames/Torque3D/pull/2120 ) but apparently it is broken, so if you could pull request a working implementation we could have BadBehavior in the main branch and prevent someone from trying to submit even more bugs into the engine.
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:07 pm
Same issue occur for you with the development fork? Been trying to nail that bit of hinkiness down for a while now, so more data could help there.
GuyA
by GuyA » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:57 pm
I haven't tried the development branch yet. There's a lot of new stuff in it that I'm not familiar with yet (like the BaseGame template, components etc). I'll try it and get back to you.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:09 am
Blood actually made some good headway on getting it caught up, I'd say try and eyeball his work. A big focus was with the popups, because as you noted they had some changes that caused BB to not like it.

Namely, popups got a fairly substantial reorg to clean the code up, but it did mean some bits and addons need update work for that.

Wanna say blood's latest is here: https://github.com/Bloodknight/Torque3D ... dBehaviour

Not 100% up with dev, but I'm pretty positive it's got the WIP updates to popups.

If you have any questions relating to getting it caught up on devhead, the popups stuff in particular, feel free to ask me as I was the one that did the reorg there.

(Also, most excellent to see you again, my dude :) )
Duion

by Duion » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:44 am
Adding BadBehavior itself is not that hard, all you need to do is copy the folder and add a line of code as described in the tutorial, it's a no-brainer.

I did it and it works all fine, there is nothing else to do, except the SDL bug, which I reported about 2 years ago: https://github.com/BadBehavior/BadBehavior_T3D/issues/2

As I had no idea about this SDL stuff, I asked on the IRC chat back then if someone could fix it, nobody could and since I did not have the time to fix it, I wrote all my behavior trees in code editor and did not use the GUI and from that point on, my BadBehavior integration is on hold.
Bloodknight
by Bloodknight » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:33 pm
There was an additional issue with regards to a crash on Linux (likely ubuntu 18.04) because of some conflict around the eval function. The engine will have been from the development branch of around January/February. I remember talking to Az and mars around that time with general BB issues RE SDL etc at the time hoping to get it stable enough to roll in as a PR/Module release. Of course, this is when I pop off on my AWOL break until nowish it seems :p

I'll see if I can get specific version numbers since this is an issue that didn't exist originally but emerged with newer versions of the engine codebase.
7 posts Page 1 of 1