Demo levels & free art assets :)

11 posts Page 1 of 2
Johxz
by Johxz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:22 pm
whatsup folks!

I worked in a few old demos levels lately, to rescued, clean up, hunt missing scripts, arts, files and fix a bunch of bugs.

Even I fixed bugs, hunt missing stuff or re-arrange the folders or paths and tested to work with the latest version of Torque3D, this levels is not look like the author want it because a lot of changes in the engine, shadows, shaders, lighting, parallax, fogs and colors, but it is the closest :D

The best I think, you do not need to worry about to use other project for test this levels, just throw inside your folder (read the instructions) and copy the level file. This will not mess with your stuff, when you finish, just delete the level file and the demo folder.

All the art can be used in games, just read the license.

Demos Level from GG
https://github.com/Torque3D-GameEngine/T3D-Demos

Demos Level from Ron Kapaun
https://github.com/Torque3D-Games-Demos/T3D_Ron_Demos

Demos Level from Andy Wright
https://github.com/Torque3D-Games-Demos ... D_Terrains

What levels you have?? A bunch of levels with a bunch of art assets :D

African Scrublands1
Alpine Mountains
Desert Mountains
Rocky Sahara
Rough Canyons
Mars
Burg
DeathBall
Pacific
Sector
ChinaTown Day
ChinaTown Dusk
ChinaTown Eerie
ChinaTown Mist
Tropical Forest
Cave
Conifer Forest
and more!

NOTES:
  • This demo was tested and updated to the last development branch of Torque3D Engine.
  • This demo levels are the original released from GarageGames, Ron or Andy to the Torque3D community.
  • This demo levels have some custom scripts to work as author intended.
  • This demo levels miss some arts for license related issues.
  • This demo levels don't have nothing removed, except some duplicate arts.
  • This demo levels have removed some duplicate arts found in FPSGameplay modules. (You need to use the BaseGame/FPSGameplay)

ScreenShots!!!!

Sector

Conifer Forest

Burg

ChinaTown

Rough Canyons[u/]

Pacific

Tropical Rainforest

Temperate Highlands
Last edited by Johxz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:15 pm
Wow, thanks johxz. Good idea. Nice to have the examples and good to see Andy Wright's stuff.
Bloodknight
by Bloodknight » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:55 pm
Duion has been doing some work on the Pacific demo and assets, not sure if he updated the package as a whole or just the ubergame additions, might be worth asking him about it, particularly since it was one of the better demos in the past.
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 pm
Did you managed to fix the load time on the pacific demo and the LOD for the vegetation? Last time the level of vers for the vegetation was huge.
Johxz
by Johxz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:44 pm
hey @
Chelaru

I don't recall the load time or LOD issue... pacific was the first level I did, like in november or so. I didn't modify any 3dmodels if this is your question (like LOD shape), yes I did some minor change to the 3dmodels, something like material name because collide with a different 3dmodel from other demo/level, other than that I don't remember doing other kind of modification to the 3dmodel.

Actually at some point, I may update/review all this models.

Maybe you need to check out what duion did.
Johxz
by Johxz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:09 pm
I updated the main post...I uploaded a few screeshoot :D
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 pm
I updated the main post...I uploaded a few screeshoot :D
Sorry for the late response. The pictures look nice. Congratulations! I can help with the god ray shader ( i have some nice settings, if you want to try). The issue with the vegetation was that it did not had any LOD's. The number of polys was constant even if i was on the other side of the map. I would love to see some levels in the version 4 of the engine with the baked global illumination.
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:29 pm
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:40 pm
From what i tested now on the old version, many of the level components are rendered even if they are not visible. Take for example the VulcanoInterior. Even if i am outside and i don't see it, is still rendered.
Duion

by Duion » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:43 pm
For vegetation you can press a button in the shape editor that automatically generates imposter billboards that only have 2 polygons, that is sufficient in most cases.
11 posts Page 1 of 2