Unreal Engine 4, Unity 5.. Torque 6?

71 posts Page 7 of 8
lowlevelsoul
by lowlevelsoul » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:14 am
The whole argument against deferred lighting is increased render-pipe complexity. That somehow, an extra geometry draw pass is somehow a major problem - but it's not that hard. It doesn't really add a lot of complexity at all - at least not from my view. But then, I designed the batching system to deal with multiple passes draw (regardless of what those passes are).

There's another issue regarding vertex transform load - but you can get around this by a caching vertex transforms before hand, using stream out or just using effective LOD. The only issue is where you're using geometry interpolation, and that's definitely where shading wins out over lighting on vertex bandwidth.

I'll add that in an engine where you want to offer custom material types, having to use a different lighting technique for them is undesirable. It's not something that I would want to use. The whole idea is to use a unified lighting model, but if you resort to forward rendering when there's a lot of use of custom material types - why bother at all?

Maybe I'm just being too picky here.
andrewmac

by andrewmac » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:07 pm
The whole argument against deferred lighting is increased render-pipe complexity. That somehow, an extra geometry draw pass is somehow a major problem - but it's not that hard. It doesn't really add a lot of complexity at all - at least not from my view. But then, I designed the batching system to deal with multiple passes draw (regardless of what those passes are).
It's not that is a major problem, or even difficult to implement. It's that it's an extra degree of complexity that doesn't bring a feature list that necessarily justifies it.
There's another issue regarding vertex transform load - but you can get around this by a caching vertex transforms before hand, using stream out or just using effective LOD. The only issue is where you're using geometry interpolation, and that's definitely where shading wins out over lighting on vertex bandwidth.
Stream Out is not on the table for standard rendering. I'm trying to avoid using features specific to the newer APIs in the core rendering code. This is my main reason for not doing a variation on Forward+. Also, I admittedly don't know a great deal about how the actual GPU works, but isn't there generally more ALU available than memory bandwidth? Making stream out not necessarily a great choice in that case.
I'll add that in an engine where you want to offer custom material types, having to use a different lighting technique for them is undesirable. It's not something that I would want to use. The whole idea is to use a unified lighting model, but if you resort to forward rendering when there's a lot of use of custom material types - why bother at all?

Maybe I'm just being too picky here.
This may be a misunderstanding on my behalf, or yours, but forward is used for special materials, not exclusively for "custom materials". When it's done, you'll be able to use the material editor in a similar fashion to UE4. A standard material will output to the deferred pipeline. With this standard material you can completely customize what's output to the G-Buffer just like in UE4. You would only utilize forward for special materials like translucent, transparency etc. This places the vast majority of objects in the deferred pipeline. Forward is reserved for only when needed. For mobile/limited platforms I imagine I'll eventually offer the ability to switch entirely to Forward, but I'm not gonna worry too much about that now.

Perhaps we're approaching this discussion wrong. The technical differences between them do not reveal a clear winner. The performance differences are often negligible on modern platforms. Perhaps the better question to ask would be "what is it you're trying to do that would require deferred lighting but not work in deferred shading?"
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:53 am
Andrew,

Great work on everything!! I'm especially interested in the terrain work you're doing, and also in playing with your assimp plugin in Torque6. I had a couple questions for you though, haven't been able to build it yet in VS 2010.

The 2010 build script seemed to work fine, but when I open the solution it gives me trouble over the "Libraries" and "Plugins" solution folders, specifically:

Code: Select all

Solution folders are not supported in this version of the application. Solution folder "Libraries" will be displayed as unavailable. Solution folder "Plugins" will be displayed as unavailable. One or more projects in the application were not loaded correctly. Please see the output window for details.
Then when you load the project, sure enough the Libraries and Plugins folders are unavailable. On attempted build, it gets most of the way through but then has a huge pile of linker errors with bgfx.lib, or assimp.lib, and looking like this:

assimp.lib(Assimp.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj

Don't know if that makes any sense to you, but thought I'd throw it out there. I haven't gotten around to DLing a more recent Visual Studio yet on my current OS but I should do that anyway, will see if it works better.
LukasPJ
Site Admin

by LukasPJ » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:50 am
@
chriscalef
, pretty sure those are vs2012 projects, that'd explain the build issue. There aren't any projects available for other versions of vs.
andrewmac

by andrewmac » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:13 pm
@ LukasPJ : you're behind the times bro, there's a whole system in place in the build folder for generating projects for various compilers: https://github.com/andr3wmac/Torque6/tree/master/build

@ chriscalef : you're the second person who's told me the vs2010 build isn't working. I've tested the vs2012 and vs2013 generated projects but I didn't have vs2010 installed to test it. Can you post a build log? If I can't spot the problem from there, I'll have to install a copy of vs2010 in a VM or something and test it ( I find vs2010 is poison to the later visual studio versions and can break vs2012 and vs2013 after installing)
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:56 pm
@andrew: not sure how much more helpful the build log will be to you - like I said, it all compiled fine, then ran aground on a huge pile of basically that same linker error occurring in many different files. One interesting thing is that in a release build it crashes up against assimp.lib, whereas in debug it breaks on bgfx.lib.

In release, the output looks like this:

1>------ Build started: Project: Torque6, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 1>assimp.lib(Assimp.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(DefaultLogger.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(Importer.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(DefaultIOSystem.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(AssimpPCH.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(PostStepRegistry.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ImporterRegistry.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(BaseImporter.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ScenePreprocessor.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ValidateDataStructure.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(BaseProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(DefaultIOStream.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(MaterialSystem.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ImproveCacheLocality.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(LimitBoneWeightsProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(DeboneProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(SplitLargeMeshes.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(JoinVerticesProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(CalcTangentsProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(GenVertexNormalsProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(GenFaceNormalsProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(SplitByBoneCountProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FixNormalsStep.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(OptimizeMeshes.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FindInvalidDataProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(SortByPTypeProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(TriangulateProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(PretransformVertices.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(TextureTransform.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ComputeUVMappingProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FindDegenerates.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(OptimizeGraph.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FindInstancesProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(RemoveRedundantMaterials.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(RemoveVCProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ConvertToLHProcess.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ProcessHelper.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(SpatialSort.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXImporter.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(XGLLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IFCLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(NDOLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(Q3BSPFileImporter.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(BlenderLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(COBLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(MS3DLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(LWSLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(UnrealLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(CSMLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(TerragenLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ColladaLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(Q3DLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IRRLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IRRMeshLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(BVHLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ACLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(OFFLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(RawLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(NFFLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(DXFLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(LWOLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(STLLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(MD5Loader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(MDCLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(SMDLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(HMPLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ASELoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(MDLLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(PlyLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(MD2Loader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(MD3Loader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(3DSLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ObjFileImporter.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(XFileImporter.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(B3DImporter.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(OgreImporter.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(AssbinLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(VertexTriangleAdjacency.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(SceneCombiner.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXParser.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXDocument.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXConverter.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXTokenizer.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXBinaryTokenizer.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(irrXML.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IFCReaderGen.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(STEPFileReader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IFCUtil.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IFCGeometry.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(Q3BSPFileParser.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(Q3BSPZipArchive.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(BlenderDNA.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(BlenderScene.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(BlenderModifier.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(LWOAnimation.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(SkeletonMeshBuilder.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ColladaParser.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(StandardShapes.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IRRShared.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(Subdivision.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(RemoveComments.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(LWOMaterial.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(LWOBLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(SGSpatialSort.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(MD5Parser.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(MDLMaterialLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ASEParser.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(PlyParser.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(3DSConverter.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ObjFileParser.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(XFileParser.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(OgreStructs.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(OgreMaterial.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(OgreXmlSerializer.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(OgreBinarySerializer.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXUtil.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXAnimation.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXMaterial.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXModel.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXDeformer.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXNodeAttribute.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXMeshGeometry.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXDocumentUtil.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(FBXProperties.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(STEPFileEncoding.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IFCOpenings.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IFCProfile.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IFCCurve.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IFCMaterial.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(IFCBoolean.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(ObjFileMtlImporter.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(clipper.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(cdt.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(sweep_context.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(sweep.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(advancing_front.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1>assimp.lib(shapes.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in ImageAsset.obj 1> Creating library ..\bin\windows\Torque6.lib and object ..\bin\windows\Torque6.exp 1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library 1>..\bin\windows\Torque6.dll : fatal error LNK1319: 137 mismatches detected ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 5 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Here is what it does in debug:

1>------ Build started: Project: Torque6, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1>bgfx.lib(bgfx.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(nanovg.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(nanovg_bgfx.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(vertexdecl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(shaderc.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(image.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(imgui.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(renderer_vk.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(renderer_gl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(renderer_d3d12.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(renderer_d3d11.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(renderer_d3d9.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(renderer_null.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(shaderc_glsl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(shaderc_dx9.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(shaderc_dx11.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ocornut_imgui.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(glcontext_wgl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(renderdoc.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(glsl_optimizer.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(imgui.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(standalone_scaffolding.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(glsl_parser_extras.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_stats.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(linker.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_print_glsl_visitor.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_print_metal_visitor.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_validate.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ast_to_hir.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(glsl_lexer.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(glsl_parser.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(lower_instructions.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(loop_unroll.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(loop_controls.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(loop_analysis.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_redundant_jumps.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_array_splitting.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_noop_swizzle.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_swizzle_swizzle.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(lower_vector_insert.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(lower_vec_index_to_swizzle.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(lower_jumps.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_algebraic.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_rebalance_tree.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_cse.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_minmax.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_constant_folding.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_constant_variable.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_constant_propagation.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_tree_grafting.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_dead_code_local.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_dead_code.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_vectorize.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_vector_splitting.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_copy_propagation_elements.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_copy_propagation.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_flatten_nested_if_blocks.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_if_simplification.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_structure_splitting.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_dead_functions.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_function_inlining.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_hierarchical_visitor.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(glsl_symbol_table.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(builtin_types.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(glsl_types.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ast_expr.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_dead_builtin_variables.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_print_visitor.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_flip_matrices.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(builtin_functions.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_function.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(lower_vertex_id.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(link_functions.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_clone.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(link_uniform_blocks.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(link_interface_blocks.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(link_atomics.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(link_uniforms.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(link_varyings.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(opt_dead_builtin_varyings.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(lower_clip_distance.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_function_detect_recursion.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(lower_discard_flow.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(lower_named_interface_blocks.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_unused_structs.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(builtin_variables.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ast_array_index.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(hir_field_selection.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_hv_accept.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_equals.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_builder.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ast_type.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ast_function.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_variable_refcount.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_rvalue_visitor.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_basic_block.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_function_can_inline.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(ir_constant_expression.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(link_uniform_block_active_visitor.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(link_uniform_initializers.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1>bgfx.lib(lower_packed_varyings.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in ImageAsset.obj 1> Creating library ..\bin\windows\Torque6_DEBUG.lib and object ..\bin\windows\Torque6_DEBUG.exp 1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library 1>..\bin\windows\Torque6_DEBUG.dll : fatal error LNK1319: 102 mismatches detected ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 5 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Like I said though, I should really have at least a copy of 2012 running, I moved to a new hard drive recently and didn't get around to it but will do that next.
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:13 pm
Ah, hehe, turns out I already installed 2012, just didn't recognize the icon, lol.

Anyway, it's still compiling but seems to be going fine. Along the way I noticed a couple of things, however. First, now that I see what you're doing in 2012, the problem seems to be just that you can't put projects into VS folders in 2010. (?) The projects show up for me but they're in a straight list, and the Libraries and Plugins folders are empty.

Meanwhile, and possibly more helpful, it turns out the libs (bgfx, assimp etc) got created from 2010 after all, but it put them at the root of the hard drive I'm working on, not in any useful directory associated with the current project. This is probably why it couldn't find them at linker time. Not sure if that's a project property I should go set, but if anyone else is having this problem that would be a good thing to look for.

For myself, I'll just roll with 2012 and call it good, it's only 2015 already, lol.
andrewmac

by andrewmac » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:25 pm
@
chriscalef
: Yeah, those errors will come up if one part of the project is set to compile as /MD and the other is /MDd for example, looks like the project generation broke down somewhere if those are mismatching. The issue you're describing where the lib projects point to root directory of drive "\" is one I actually experience on my laptop as well, even for VS2012. It can be fixed by setting the output directory for each lib project to "../vs2012/lib/" ( or vs2010, vs2013, etc depending on which you're using). I wasn't sure if it was something I messed up on my laptop or if it was a problem with the scripts. I'll consider it a bug and look into it this evening.

These project generation scripts are new and relatively untested, so I appreciate your patience with them.
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:11 pm
Hey, for endless layers of terrain decals with only one draw call, I can be pretty patient. :-)
andrewmac

by andrewmac » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:06 am
@
chriscalef
: I've fixed the issue you were having earlier with vs2010. I don't know if there's still more issues that will pop up, but at least that one is done.

I also did a number of fixes trying to get it to build on linux. Not quite there yet, but very close.
71 posts Page 7 of 8