can somebody help me out how to make TGE terrains the game supports TGE1.5.2

karpathios18

New Mission: main/data/missions/CTF.mis

Phase 1: Download Datablocks & Targets

* Phase 2: Download Ghost Objects

Ghost always started

PLEASE RESAVE THE TERRAIN FILE FOR THIS MISSION! THANKS!

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/DryLava01

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/DryLava02

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/ParchedDirt01

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/HardGround01

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/LavaFlow02

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/ground_01

Connection error: FkIo0I.

Set::getObject index out of range.

main/client/serverConnection.cs (295): Unknown command empty.

Object ChatManager(10633) SimSet -> SimObject

on the game we are working we havent find a way to make a terrain for TGE pls any help will be huge !!! thank you all

Are you asking about using a height map other than one created in the editor ? Or are you having trouble using the editor ?

If its made in a different program then its possibly in the wrong format . I could be wrong but its like a 16bit JPG or something .

If your not finding the right one that you've saved in the editor then your just probably pointing to the wrong one in the MIS file .

Are you asking about using a height map other than one created in the editor ? Or are you having trouble using the editor ?

If its made in a different program then its possibly in the wrong format . I could be wrong but its like a 16bit JPG or something .

If your not finding the right one that you've saved in the editor then your just probably pointing to the wrong one in the MIS file .

yeah i created a new one in the L3DT editor, and exported it for TGE engine , i dont know how to explain but i could show you with teamviewer to understand what i mean,

Sry I have no idea what Teamview is .

This is the process that I think should work .

1 Make sure you have the folder . common/editor/heightscripts/ . If you dont have it then create the heightscripts folder there . I think that the editor looks there by default some way , by scripting or in the engine source code .

2. Place the heightmap in the heightscripts folder .

3. Start a mission , Click on "window' , choose terrain terraform editor .

4. Click the operations tab , choose bitmap . It should show the file in a list .

Once youve done that it and saved the level it should save the info to the .trn file which will be given the same name

• 2 weeks later...

Im just a hobbyist , I read these posts often and am happy to try and help if I think that I can . Theres a discord here in which I think the real experts gather .After re-reading what I wrote to you I see that I left out an important step which is after you chose the bitmap click the perform operation button , that applies the bitmap . Then you can save the level .

• 2 weeks later...

Im just a hobbyist , I read these posts often and am happy to try and help if I think that I can . Theres a discord here in which I think the real experts gather .After re-reading what I wrote to you I see that I left out an important step which is after you chose the bitmap click the perform operation button , that applies the bitmap . Then you can save the level .

could you pls add me on discord my name is Dragonic#2261 to communicate easier with you thank you very much :)

Hello karpathios,

I read through this and apparently they did drop support for 1.5.2 but it may still work.

http://www.bundysoft.com/wiki/doku.php?id=plugins:fileio:l3dtio_torqueter:userguide:tge

hi jason i already tried that and its not working for some reason.. even if i put the terrain correctly to the game, the terrain doesnt show up, and it says that all the time(New Mission: main/data/missions/CTF.mis

Phase 1: Download Datablocks & Targets

* Phase 2: Download Ghost Objects

Ghost always started

PLEASE RESAVE THE TERRAIN FILE FOR THIS MISSION! THANKS!

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/DryLava01

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/DryLava02

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/ParchedDirt01

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/HardGround01

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/LavaFlow02

Missing terrain texture: main/data/missions/../terrains/CTF/ground_01

Connection error: FkIo0I.

Set::getObject index out of range.

main/client/serverConnection.cs (295): Unknown command empty.

Object ChatManager(10633) SimSet -> SimObject)

Im just wondering , have you loaded the heghtmap successfully yet ? As for the textures , first check the file directory and affirm the path to your images . If things seem correct but arent working correctly then check your .TER file . Its compiled and encrypted but you can open it with notepad then search for your terrain texture file names Youll see a path , check against those paths , they are where your searching for the textures and something could be wrong . You can also edit the paths in the word processor . lastly try putting the textures in the data/terrains and any subfolder you wish or just leave them in the data/terrains folder . go back to the editor and window > texture painter > add/change and go through the folders to where they should be .