Projects in Dev with TGE/TGEA?

The original Torque Game Engine.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Mitovo
by Mitovo » Sat May 09, 2020 7:16 pm
Hello!

Was browsing this forum section and got to thinking. It seems "Old School 3D" is becoming popular again as a nostalgia-driven style.

I think games like Ion Fury, based on the Build 2 engine, and "Wrath", based on a branch of the original Quake engine (among others) are filling a niche. They're reminding long-time gamers, and introducing newer gamers to the idea that "bleeding edge graphics and tech" aren't required for a fun game.

What was associated with "obsolete tech" for several years seems to now be considered an actual style/aesthetic; not unlike how 2D pixel-art games did. Such titles can probably be made for significantly less $$$ as well.

That considered, I think TGE and even TGEA could play a solid role here.

Though you can't buy new licenses anymore, I know there are people who own and "never left" TGE, or even TGEA. I'm curious if any of those people read/post here, and if they could share their current projects?

Would love to see what people are creating with either TGE or TGEA.
LukasPJ
Site Admin

by LukasPJ » Wed May 13, 2020 3:21 pm
Bump.
I deleted the offtopic discussion. Sorry for not intervening sooner mitovo.
Please, only relevant discussion from this point and on.
bsisko
by bsisko » Mon May 25, 2020 12:50 am
Thanks for your support mitovo. That is why I had Torque3d create this forum thread.
I use TGE 1.4 primarily for my projects. I am working on one now that should be completed within three months. Johnny Trouble. I also plan on releasing through YouTube a series of videos describing my experiences with the engine.
3 posts Page 1 of 1