The Roadmap

Future of T3D, are we heading the right way, what's next and what's coming.

Moderator: Steering Committee

17 posts Page 2 of 2
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:53 am
@ Timmy: I think once we get it functional, we need to have a test map to demo/test features and have a corner that's a 'confetti party' - aka a million bloody confetti particles flying everywhere at all times :P

You know.....for testing.

Also, did an update for the August milestone. Running a little behind, but most of the work should be PR'd for testing(if it isn't already) by the end of this weekend.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:17 am
i have a test map ready
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:31 pm
@
marauder2k9
Cool, more test maps will definitely be handy.
slapin
by slapin » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:53 am
Any plans for GL ES2 and Android + small boards like OrangePI?

Looks really cool T3D progresses, Thanks a lot for your time Jeff!
HeadClot
by HeadClot » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:43 am
Any plans for GL ES2 and Android + small boards like OrangePI?

Looks really cool T3D progresses, Thanks a lot for your time Jeff!
Hey I am not JeffR but I know that there are plans for Vulkan, Metal 2, and Dx11 and Dx12 via ConfettiFX. However that is planned for 4.2. :)
With the roadmap for version 4.2, i am back now working on the first large thing i have done with T3D for quite some time, i am writing a new gfx layer that will use The-Forge (ConfettiFX is the company that the graphics guru Wolfgang Engel created). The-Forge will serve as a new backend for rendering and i will be creating some higher level classes/functions etc around it, this will bring Direct3D11, Direct3D12, Vulkan and Metal 2 support along with a very modern API, it will also use a single shader language based around hlsl which will simplify shader complexity. Going to take some time as it is a huge job, hence it has been earmarked for version 4.2 at this stage.
Timmy
by Timmy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 am
There are no future plans for any version of the GL family, in fact opengl will be removed entirely when the-forge is in place. Not sure what your project requirements are but you could possibly check out torque2d, it has android with es 2 support.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:35 pm
Yep, as @
HeadClot
and @
Timmy
stated, the new GFX layer will utilize Vulkan, so OpenGL will be deprecated out.

New android phones going forward will be working with Vulkan, so while older models may have problems with support(depending on if the manufacturers keep up with updates to push out the drivers for Vulkan or not, that's getting much easier as time goes on) basically from now and forward, we can expect a large amount of android phones to support Vulkan, so it makes sense to roll with.
17 posts Page 2 of 2