Open Community  ·  1 fan

MegaMotion

Damn, sorry for the lag but here's a helicopter vid.

chriscalef

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. The past few months have involved some significant life changes and career moves that put the Megamotion project on temporary back burner status, but there are signs of life showing. In the meantime my main interaction with it has been flying practice. I did spend a few cycles recently on particle effects, so you can actually see the rockets and machine guns.

Rules: hover the Ka50 over the fuel cans for a certain amount of time, then fly around the factories, and then come back and kill all the humans as quickly as possible, and land on the last one. This match thrown off by the unexpected disappearance of the last two runners.

That's really cool.

I haven't used FlightGear, but I do know that helicopter mechanics/controls are notoriously hard to get right between usability and realism.

Current results look pretty sweet! You're a pretty good shot with those rockets.

Thanks Jeff!

I highly recommend playing around with FlightGear, although I think it's safe to say they have emphasized realism over usability, at least for the casual gamer. Which is to say, it's taken me months to get to the point that I could reliably hover the thing, let alone point the guns at anybody. :lol:

So I probably won't have a best seller game on my hands here, even though it's fun as hell once you start getting the hang of it. :geek:

But it does make for some heckin realistic chopper antics, e.g. for a movie involving attack helicopters. Maybe when all is said and done I'll be able to rent out my mad skillz as a virtual pilot. 8-)

• 2 weeks later...