Goals of uebergame?

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Code_Man
by Code_Man » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:47 pm
I was wondering but couldnt find a list of what uebergame aims to have in long or medium term.
My primary question is if it aims to be a realistic shooter and if so to how much of a degree?
I have a couple of things i would find nice, i was wondering if they are planned and if so worked on.

For one i want to be able to pick up killed players weapons and swap them for the one i have equiped, or at the least if they have the same weapon steal their ammo.
Also the weapons are not a 100% accurate, in real life however most weapons are highly accurate, but the aim is not and will get disrubted when firing.
And how about having mannable mounted guns and other stationary or even deployable weaponry?

Plus i wonder about the map themes, is it by design only outdoor maps or would you(duion) consider having all or mostly indoor themed maps like say inside a bunker?

Another thing, i was wondering if objective based gameplay like in wolfenstein enemy territory could be a thing, i realize its a lot of work to do the assets and maps, but speaking hypothetically.
In case you dont know, one team tries to blow up a series of objectives while the other team tries to stall them long enough.
Or any other game modes for that matter.

Will vehicles be thing too some day maybe?
Duion

by Duion » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:35 am
Well there is no specific goal, it can be anything, I designed it to be a framework, where you can build all kinds of gameplay modes or map themes into.

Anything goes, if you program a feature, build a map or so, just make a pull request on github or contact me directly, then I will see, if I can build it in.

I had similar features than you suggested already in mind, some are even partly finished, the problem is just, that I cannot integrate partly working features, since it would break the gameplay. It is still a long way from a prototype to a bugfree working version that can be used in the final game. I got like 6 unfinished maps, two of them are indoors only, but I was too lazy to fill it all up with deecoration objects and proper textures. Realistic players and weapons are also planned, but are not finished for obvious reasons, since it would require lots of models and animations.

So if you want to help with something just go ahead, don't worry about assets, levels etc, thats easy for me to do I mostly get stuck with programming.
2 posts Page 1 of 1