Pre-Release Candidate 4.0 build

This forum is for tracking and working on active issues that need to be resolved, as well as testing Pull Requests that are waiting to be integrated into Torque 3D.
33 posts Page 4 of 4
XIXWYRMEXIX
by XIXWYRMEXIX » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:22 pm
Been about a month, just wondering about any possible progress...

Also a question- Can you point me to any discussion and/or possible docs on the new "modules" and how they fit in and work? Also any docs on how or discussions on the actual editors and how they are implemented in the Torque IDE? I know I can go find it and figure it out if I have to, just curious if there are any written or discussed docs anywhere before I go do that.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:45 pm
Been about a month, just wondering about any possible progress...

Also a question- Can you point me to any discussion and/or possible docs on the new "modules" and how they fit in and work? Also any docs on how or discussions on the actual editors and how they are implemented in the Torque IDE? I know I can go find it and figure it out if I have to, just curious if there are any written or discussed docs anywhere before I go do that.
Sorry, yeah, July was a weird month. But progress has been happening, will have a full update in the next day or two here.

For the documentation stuff, I finally puzzled out how RtD requires it's stuff to be formatted, so I can finally start updating the documentation there, and the first page I've started working on is the overview of the modules/assets stuff.

For the IDE integration, Torsion, for example utilizes the telnet hook-in for doing live debugging. But I don't believe there's much in the way of documentation for it. Definitely wouldn't be a bad thing to have at least an overview page on though.
XIXWYRMEXIX
by XIXWYRMEXIX » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:11 am
Awesome Jeff, I was just curious. Looking forward to the next update when your able to do so. I completely understand about weird times lol.

That's great I will wait for you to finish the documentation on that. I am curious about the module implementation, you have glossed over it in various updates but a nice actual write up would be fantastic.

OK, I will look into Torsion. I did not think there would be too much documentation on it I was just hoping. I will start with going over the source (both engine and Torsion) and reading the code comments and just hope people have been commenting on their code well enough to follow what is going on.

Thanks a bunch Jeff!
33 posts Page 4 of 4