[Revshare] Great project seeking great dev

Nu3kwin

Hello, so shortly, I'm looking for a young skillfull dev who would like to work with me on a great tactical TBS (it should even be TBT) project, against REVSHARE.

I know today a lot of devs work with ideas. They no longer deal with a concept (and avoid to have a "conceptor"). It's true, it's completly a different way to work. But I'm still a conceptor (and not a dev) and I have the whole paper mock-up (maybe "mock-up" is not the right term). There is absolutly nothing to think everything is already done, even the balance, I already tested it and made some battle with myself. So it's completly ugly and extremly cheap but all alone it's already months of works.

Then I can not tell more without reveal it. But I can still do a general presentation to give a better idea. So extremly simply, let say it's between duelyst (https://cards.duelyst.com/) and fantasy general 2, but realistic.

It's two bad exemples because it's really differents but I don't know with what else I could compare it. It's unic.

Battle are not too long, not too fast, pretty smooth, with a lot of deepness.

It's a modest project it will never take 2 years of work (even with a part time job). What I mean is, it's really great but not complicate.

If you like tactic and would like to get a little presentation, send me a pm.

Edited by Nu3kwin

• 5 weeks later...

It is hard to understand what you want and your link is dead, but I can tell you that being the "idea guy" is not enough and hardly anyone will team up with such an idea guy.

If you are so certain about your idea, you should invest some money and pay the people up front then it should be no big problem finding people working for you.

If you still want to go your route, you should at least work on your presentation and get spelling errors, dead links out of the way and such, this looks unprofessional.

Thank you very much for your reply, it helps me a lot. First sorry for the link (it should now work).

Then I would like to ask you a question, you seem to know about what you are talking. You said:

It is hard to understand what you want and your link is dead, but I can tell you that being the "idea guy" is not enough and hardly anyone will team up with such an idea guy.

If you are so certain about your idea, you should invest some money and pay the people up front then it should be no big problem finding people working for you.

Here is something I don't understand. Are you telling me: if I know that my project will be a success, it's better to pay a dev 1500$ per month (which should cost between 4000$ and 8000$) and then get the success for me alone rather than find a dev who will work for free (to begin) but later will earn 50000$ through revshare (and may have an opportunity later to work on a new project) ?

Then I still would like to rectify something you said which is wrong: it's not an idea. It's a whole paper mock-up (and maybe "mock-up" is not the right term). I know today a lot of devs work with their ideas and they no longer deal with concept. But it stay completly different. With a concept (accordind to me), there is absolutly nothing to think everything is already done, even the balance, I already tested it and made some battle with myself. So it's completly ugly and extremly cheap but all alone it's already months of works.

Finally I'm really sorry if my presentation look unprofessional (which is indeed what will make runaway every serious devs), and I'm really happy that you tell it (no one did it before you) I will work on it and improve it.

A bit clearer, the terms "TBS" and "TBT" however I have never heard, so no idea what you mean.

So you are not just an idea guy, but have the concept ready and are now searching for someone, who could transfer it from paper to a game.

Yes a card game is relatively easy, but still, the number of Torque developers is very small, so it is still not likely to find someone to work with you unless you pay directly.

It is unlikely that someone will invest 2 years or work and maybe never get paid anything.

The last sentence I would remove, there is a spelling error and there is no need for anyone to reject your offer, since nobody is forced to read it or reply to it.

have the concept ready and are now searching for someone, who could transfer it from paper to a game.

Yes exactly.

Then you are also right there are not a lot of Torque dev. And indeed one who would accept revshare is even rarer and added to this he have to like "deep" tactic which is even rarer lol. So yes it's not going to be easy.

I removed the last part.

Thank again

I already talked with 2 devs but I'm not sure that the first was one and the second (way more serious) never talked about tactic before. So it's still not perfect.

But I think that currently the biggest problem is to find someone who like tactic which is extremly rare today. Despite the still big community, ironicly most of dev surrender before the battle.