Started about a week ago. Here's what we got done, and what we *need* done.
- @ Azaezel
- Glenn S.
- @ JeffR
HW tested on so far:
- Macbook Pro Late 2013 15inch
- Intel Core i7 2.00ghz (4 physical, 8 logical)
- 8GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM
- Intel Iris Pro 1536MB
- 256GB SSD
- An Intel Mac (if you are using PPC still....why are you on a gamedev forum)
- OSX 10.9+ (OpenGL 3.3 stuff is being used at the moment)
- Xcode using LLVM/Clang compile as 32bit (relying on carbon)
- Basic lighting pretty much works, haven't found any issues yet
- Gui renders and works
- General fixes for the apple platform
- OpenGL fixes to the mac platform is getting to be pretty solid
- most PostFX
- Impostors render correctly
- Reflections work fine
- Advanced lighting mostly works, see below for what needs fixed
- CMake build system
- OpenAL sound system
What needs done:
- Carbon needs to be gutted out of there for 64bit.
- Advanced lighting - spotlights [and probably point lights] need fixed
- There's some stupid crash when calling .dump() on an object
There are a bunch of shader warnings, but I believe that is the OSX driver because we manually bind attributes of input and output in shaders that are not used in every shader for consistency.
In regards to OpenGL, there seems to be some corruption that is happening within the circularvolatilebuffer system, where occasionally a vbo handle seems to be invalid.