last problem i ran into after uploading to the play store and all and getting everything ready for release an error came up, as of august 2019 all apps must include support for 64bit, basically arm64-v8a
i have added to types.gcc.h
# define TORQUE_CPU_STRING "ARM"
# define TORQUE_CPU_ARM
# define TORQUE_LITTLE_ENDIAN
# define TORQUE_64
then to Android.mk at the bottom before LOCAL_ARM_MODE := arm
ifeq ($(TARGET_ARCH_ABI),$(filter $(TARGET_ARCH_ABI), arm64-v8a))
LOCAL_CFLAGS := -DHAVE_NEON=1
LOCAL_ARM_NEON := true
APP_ABI := armeabi-v7a x86 x86_64 arm64-v8a
and finally in the build.gradle for the app
abiFilters 'x86', 'x86_64', 'armeabi-v7a' , 'arm64-v8a'
folders had to be created for the prebuilt libraries for freetype and openal and i copied over the prebuilt libraries for armeabi-v7a, everything seems to build and work fine but i think arm64-v8a will require its own prebuilt libraries.