Torque 2D Editor Work

2D version of the Torque engine.

Moderator: marauder2k9

68 posts Page 7 of 7
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:45 am
LATEST PUSH

Latest update includes the ability to change the camera size for the scene. This update also comes with a few fixes on how scaling is applied, now you can resize the window and objects should look the same no matter what. This is done by scaling the camera rather than objects. The camera outline should still be used for reference as this represents what the end user will see. If you wish to use this function in your product it will require testing on multiple devices to make sure unsightly blackness is not visible to the end user.

ParticlePlayer asset property guis are in place and ready to be linked up next gui update will include the particle player creation button. Then once particle player is all done the next object to be created will be the TextSprite. :)
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:56 pm
Animation builder fixes

Now the animation loop checkbox will not crash when pressed without frames in the frame stack and you can create multiple animations from the same imageasset without closing the window. Unfortunately now looping cannot be visualized for some reason. When i have it set up to visualize it it keeps trying to get a to a frame that doesnt exist and then the animation gets deleted.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:26 pm
Text Sprite

So the next object to be added is going to be the text sprite. This presents a few problems first and foremost the font asset. This asset is very tricky to make a creator for. Its not as simple as the imageasset or animationasset etc. The problem is font assets need an fnt file that then points to png files and the fnt file has a line for each character represented like this

code snippet from Arial.fnt file:-
char id=32   x=507   y=0     width=3     height=1     xoffset=-1    yoffset=127   xadvance=32    page=0  chnl=15
I think making people have to build this file through an editor would just cause more problems than it will fix as this file can be created outside of torque with BMFont.

Running your ordinary font file through this program will automatically set the different font characters automatically and generate png files as well.

At this point a creator to create fontassets wouldnt be very intuitive and because of the 100s of characters in a font it would probably cause more problems than it would fix.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:50 pm
LATEST PUSH:

Okay i know i said i was going to work on the TextSprite asset next but due to my own Game needs i had to work on Behaviors instead. So latest push now has the ability to select behaviors for SpriteObjects.

When you add a behavior it will automatically create a gui for each behavior object that will let you set the values for the behavior fields. If your behavior spawns objects there is a small change you will need to implement.

Using spawnArea in the DeathballToy as an example after all the defaults for the %clone are set In the spawn function you will need to add:-
   %scene = %this.owner.getScene();
   %scene.add(%clone);
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:01 pm
Small error

Because of the way the behavior fields are setup for sprites if you have a behavior field that has 2 words in its value it will cause problems

For example the spawnGroup behavior has an enum for spawnLocation of Horizontal Line and Vertical Line. In order to keep behaviors to one dynamic field on each object these fields are set for one word per field. Otherwise each field of a behavior will become a dynamic field on the object. So changing the behavior to be Horizontal or Vertical instead fixes the issue and the behavior works as designed.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:10 pm
Latest Push:

Fixed the error in the previous post. Also now if you load a behavior that takes an enum value it will automatically create a popup menu ctrl with all the selections made available.
trident
by trident » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:38 pm
you been busy and thanks for the update of what you doing it great to read
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:08 am
Thanks. There's a lot more to come. I have added a fix so that when an object is locked any object of the same type will show its menu, a silly oversight on my part objects need to be checked on select. there was also an error in the polyeditor that i havent narrowed down yet. When you create a polyshape sometimes when trying to change the values in the guitexteditctrls it will close the window. Touches shouldn't be getting passed through to the scene underneath. Particle Emitter creator only creates particles at 0.0 atm and while i thought it was a good idea to have the particles in the scene after using it a bit i think its best to move this to a separate window. Only problem is scaling the particles properly
68 posts Page 7 of 7