tool for vehicle creation

subabrain

What you mean with creating vehicles? Modeling or programming? As for modeling there is no easier way, you just have to do it and for programming, a vehicle in Torque is just a datablock with a list of values like weight, acceleration, steering, drag etc that you set and combined with the model plus correct setup this will be your vehicle. I mean you can create one just now, if you cannot model it, use an existing model or just a cube and play with the numbers.

+I tried a couple of times and in my experience i have to say its very tedious setting up vehicles that even work.

There seems to be a whole lot of issues from my experimentation, especially in relation with springs/collision to work properly.

I had sessions full of where i had to tweak around blindly because my vehicles would fall trough terrain.

I dont know how feasable it is, but might t3d support realtime vehicle characteristics editing ingame?

Like in a menu with the values that you can set and old engine i used to mess with ancient times ago called w3d used to have such a menu, it was real neat.

Also would love gear ratio settings, missing for good vehicles imo.