tool for vehicle creation

3rd party tools like asset generators, editors.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
subabrain

by subabrain » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:35 pm
Hi,

after my outtime i just want to ask if there is a tool for create vehicles easier for t3d...
if not i maybe can code something in c# ...

please give some information - if this make sence ;)

greetings
subabrain
Duion

by Duion » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:09 pm
What you mean with creating vehicles? Modeling or programming? As for modeling there is no easier way, you just have to do it and for programming, a vehicle in Torque is just a datablock with a list of values like weight, acceleration, steering, drag etc that you set and combined with the model plus correct setup this will be your vehicle. I mean you can create one just now, if you cannot model it, use an existing model or just a cube and play with the numbers.
subabrain

by subabrain » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:07 am
yes i just want to make creation of vehicles easier .... but i think you are right :)

greetings
Robert
Duion

by Duion » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:28 pm
You can work with them and make some templates, that may help other people, since I for example had problems finding good values, especially the steering always sucks.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:36 pm
a tool like this would be amazing if u could include a way to easily set up gears and transmission, vehicles in torque are very simple atm with not a lot of features but the bare bones is there to make everything work just someone has to connect the dots i guess
Code_Man
by Code_Man » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 pm
+I tried a couple of times and in my experience i have to say its very tedious setting up vehicles that even work.

There seems to be a whole lot of issues from my experimentation, especially in relation with springs/collision to work properly.
I had sessions full of where i had to tweak around blindly because my vehicles would fall trough terrain.

I dont know how feasable it is, but might t3d support realtime vehicle characteristics editing ingame?
Like in a menu with the values that you can set and old engine i used to mess with ancient times ago called w3d used to have such a menu, it was real neat.

Also would love gear ratio settings, missing for good vehicles imo.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:50 am
there was a resource on the old forums i think for gears, if i find the link ill send it to you
7 posts Page 1 of 1