Torque 3D looks so good

Friendly conversations, and everything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
22 posts Page 2 of 3
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:00 pm
u need to convert ur objects to collada format then torques editor will see them.
Online Duion

by Duion » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:02 am
You can use the assets, large portions were open sourced, but through that, the demos were broken, because of lazy porting over to the latest version and the stripping of some proprietary content like PhysX in case of the Pacific demo. So expect to put some work into it. I use some Pacific assets as well, but I would not do it again, since I had to invest time porting them over and then I was left not knowing how to license those assets, since MIT license is not that good for art assets, if I had invested a bit more time, I could have made fresh assets from scratch.
Johxz
by Johxz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:51 am
Hi Guys

Actually you can find all the T3D demos here:
If you want more T3D demos you can check this link: https://github.com/Torque3D-Games-Demos you can download for example T3D_Ron_Demos and Torque3D_Terrains.

BTW I have some video tutorials if you wanna see it... is not very good quality so I apology for that, and as always you can check this list for a lot of more information https://github.com/John3/awesome-torque3d
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:34 pm
damn i didnt even know some of those demos existed :O!!
GAN
by GAN » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:50 pm
Hi Guys

Actually you can find all the T3D demos here:
If you want more T3D demos you can check this link: https://github.com/Torque3D-Games-Demos you can download for example T3D_Ron_Demos and Torque3D_Terrains.

BTW I have some video tutorials if you wanna see it... is not very good quality so I apology for that, and as always you can check this list for a lot of more information https://github.com/John3/awesome-torque3d

Thank you! I will check this out tonight. I guess if I want to compile my T3D game, I will eventually have to succumb to Visual Studio. I have a C++ compiler I was using when I was playing around trying to learn C++ (didn't get too far) I suppose that wouldn't compile my T3D project? (Dev-C++)
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:08 pm
are u going to make changes to the engine? if so then yeah u will probably need to learn c++ and get visual studio, if not you can just use the pre-compiled versions
GAN
by GAN » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:18 pm
At first I do not want to touch the engine! However, I do not see anything in the game that allows you to build or publish the game you're working on.
Johxz
by Johxz » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:56 am
At first I do not want to touch the engine! However, I do not see anything in the game that allows you to build or publish the game you're working on.
Hey GAN,

Actually you don't build the game, it's already build unless you compile from source, that you only need to do once, again, unless you modify the source.

What do you mean "publish the game"?

There are several methods you can use for publish the game. But actually is pretty easy, basically you can compress your project game folder with zip, 7zip or rar. That's it. Then you can share the game in any method that you like, the other person only need to decompress and then run the game.
Johxz
by Johxz » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:57 am
Hey GAN,

As marauder2k9 said, you can use the pre-compiled version.

Actually you don't build the game, it's already build (pre-compiled) unless you compile from source, that you only need to do once, again, unless you modify the source.

What do you mean "publish the game"?

There are several methods you can use for publish the game. But actually is pretty easy, basically you can compress your project game folder with zip, 7zip or rar. That's it. Then you can share the game in any method that you like, the other person only need to decompress and then run the game.
Online Duion

by Duion » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:10 am
Publishing is pretty easy, you just use the folder of the game and that is it, of course you should remove temporary, config and and other work files first. If you publish on Steam it is pretty easy since Steam takes care of that for other platforms I don't know how it works, but the default method is probably just to pack up the folder into a zip file or so or make a self extracting installer.
You can use the precompiled version, but you should compile your own one, since I think such things as program icon and app name can only be changed if you build from source, it looks more professional, if your game has its own logo and name and is not called "Torque3D" with the Torque3D logo on it.
22 posts Page 2 of 3