hi guy,i have a quesstion,please help me!

Duion

Development branch is the current development and what the next version will be and master is always the latest stable release, pretty simple.

Yes version 4 brings some major changes, but that should not be an issue, if backwards compatibility is maintained. Backwards compatibility is my biggest concern, but otherwise I don't worry about the development branch stuff. If the new version is compatible with older projects, people can test it out or a while until the old stuff is finally removed.

In short, just use the latest stable release and if you are a developer you should be able to figure out by yourself what the development branch is.

Development branch is the current development and what the next version will be and master is always the latest stable release, pretty simple.

Yes version 4 brings some major changes, but that should not be an issue, if backwards compatibility is maintained. Backwards compatibility is my biggest concern, but otherwise I don't worry about the development branch stuff. If the new version is compatible with older projects, people can test it out or a while until the old stuff is finally removed.

In short, just use the latest stable release and if you are a developer you should be able to figure out by yourself what the development branch is.

Just FYI, I think backwards compatibility is killed in many aspects of 4.0. Not sure which aspects precisely, but backwards-compatibility is taking a back-seat in favor of progress for 4.0 as it is a major release.

Just FYI, I think backwards compatibility is killed in many aspects of 4.0. Not sure which aspects precisely, but backwards-compatibility is taking a back-seat in favor of progress for 4.0 as it is a major release.

Yes then it may break certain things like it did in the previous version where parts of the rendering change were introduced as well, which then have to be fixed in the next version.

I remember someone changing the terrain blending, to a more "correct" algorithm, but in reality it messed everything up and many complained and in the end the old one was brought back.

We probably need better communicatin and a breakdown of new features, so they can be tested before release. I usually do not test, since it would be too much work to upgrade all my project just for testing one feature.

The backwards compatibility breaking stuff is probably the physically based rendering, but old projects will still work, they will just not look as good as it would with properly adjusted textures for PBR, so I would not really consider it backwards compatibility breaking, since old projects will still work.