New Showcase Level

Friendly conversations, and everything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
37 posts Page 3 of 4
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:42 am
That's neat. I already answered to the issue of why it would be made. Problem resolved.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:24 am
Exactly :-) after a bit of tinkering around last night I have the wrench melee weapon model done both high and low just need to bake off, cliff face modelled and sculpted high and low, various simple boxes made, going texture hunting this weekend to fill in the gaps of what I have
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:23 pm
Went on a near 200 mile journey today texture hunting, got some really good textures to help me add some nice details, on my travels of taking photos of trees and some ground covers, got a lovely photo of this little guy :D

What yas think, torque 3d mascot? lol
Duion

by Duion » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:51 am
@
marauder2k9

You want to share those textures? I'm always looking for textures that I cannot shoot at home, since I already photographed almost anything I can get where I live.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:41 pm
sure thing, i will be sharing them with the level anyway but i will upload the raw format images anyway onto a google drive or something for people to use at their leisure to pull whatever they want from them, i got a good few wood textures few ground covers, couple of tree trunks, a cliff face, stones, all the usual stuff, going out again this weekend to get more too so if theres anything specific you need let me know and i should be able to find it somewhere
Duion

by Duion » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:51 pm
@ marauder2k9

No, it is not that urgent, I just have a website for CC0 licensed textures and I would like to extend it: https://duion.com/art/main
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 pm
Okay next update on the showcase level. Have gotten a big library now of textures that i think should suit the showcase idea. A few weekends out in the countryside i have textures for almost everything apart from tree canopies and branches but mostly because i don't really know the best way to photograph these for textures. If anyone could give me a few hints or some material i can read up on to get these it would be a big help.

Apart from the textures i think i have the basics completely figured out now.

I have styled the underground bunker on a ww2 style bunker as if this has been an ancient relic now re-purposed as a refuge for people. U cant go deeper into the bunker only out towards the countryside and the house with the alien menace running rampant that you need to "bust some caps" into lol Now i have leafed over many resources on melee weapons and projectiles and adding items to an inventory to create key like moments. Couple of questions needing answered by a few people here a lot more qualified to answer them for me apart from the tree textures one.

1. Im going to set up the melee on the torque wrench to be a short range invisible projectile going out from the muzzle point i have set on the torque wrench, what i want to know is, is there a way to set up the "firing" of said project to happen on a certain keyframe of an animation? i think there is a way to delay it isnt there? but can i set a keyframe event for that specifically so that at the peak of the swing it fires the projectile? i think there is a resource covering this and i had a quick glance over it while i was working on other things.

2. i know how to set up a trigger for a door way or to play a certain animation. I have it in my level design notes that i want the player to only be able to open the door when they retrieve the valve (simple inventory check). Now when they walk up to where the valve needs to be placed i want it to play the animation of the players character putting the valve in place and turning it to unlock the doorway. i know how to set the trigger to play certain animations but should the valve be set up as a weaponimage that just gets spawned in place when the animation finishes? if so would it need its own animations and can they be set to spawn and play on a keyframe trigger from another objects animations?
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:57 am
Okay! Going to be releasing first screenshots this week. Think i have the underground bunker section almost finished off just need to add bits of detail into certain areas. Hopefully with a few screens it will tweak some interest. Still need advice on the posts above so any help would be greatly appreciated.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Mon May 14, 2018 3:59 pm
Woo! Looking forward to seeing where this is at :)
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:09 am
sorry for lack of a screenshot this week, i was hoping to be working on it all week to get it looking the way i want but didnt get the chance to, only getting the chance to do my tweaks and things now, but for the time being heres a screenshot i was going to do a couple of weeks ago of some assets imported into a blank room in torque for testing before texturing. had the blank room saved with these assets to test for lighting and things like that

37 posts Page 3 of 4