Bad Behaviour is behaving badly

Bloodknight

This is to replace the other thread that has misdirects and errors.

Problem: Bad behaviour editor was malfunctioning and now crashes almost constantly, having had a different crashing issue with everything masked and confused the issue, @JeffR has already done some fixes to restore functionality.

Since I understand the gui building code so little i'm posting my log tails here as a reference so that those who do, can see whats up.

core/scripts/gui/guiTreeViewCtrl.cs (40): ::findByObject - wrong number of arguments (got 2, expected min 3 and max 3).
core/scripts/gui/guiTreeViewCtrl.cs (40): usage: Returns the id of an awake inspector that is inspecting the passed object if one exists @param object Object to find away inspector for.@return id of an awake inspector that is inspecting the passed object if one exists, else NULL or 0.
Undo Added
tools/base/menuBar/menuBuilder.ed.cs (157): Unknown command removeFromMenuBar.
 Object BTEditPopup(20125) BTEditPopup -> MenuBuilder -> PopupMenu -> SimObject

I implemented Bad Behavior and it works fine, there is only a problem with the new SDL2 GUI, but nothing that crashes anything.

I know your sole existence demands you have to 'prove me wrong' at every opportunity, but as per usual your notion that 'your' single case is the only case therefore everyone else is wrong is incorrect.

I will just point out that ubergame is running an older version of torque, whereas this issue is related to the 'dev head' version which has had a year of updates, including a rewrite to some of the GUI functionality.

Adding BadBehavior to a newer or older version of Torque is kind of irrelevant, since the only thing you change is copying in that folder "BadBehavior" with the source code and adding some lines in the build files so it gets compiled.

And in the template also the only thing you need to do to install BadBheavior is copying it in and adding one line so it gets executed, the behavior tree editor is its own separate folder and does not interfere with any other scripts.

The only issue I encountered is this: https://github.com/BadBehavior/BadBehavior_T3D/issues/2

Duion wrote:

I implemented Bad Behavior and it works fine, there is only a problem with the new SDL2 GUI, but nothing that crashes anything.

I know your sole existence demands you have to 'prove me wrong' at every opportunity, but as per usual your notion that 'your' single case is the only case therefore everyone else is wrong is incorrect.

I will just point out that ubergame is running an older version of torque, whereas this issue is related to the 'dev head' version which has had a year of updates, including a rewrite to some of the GUI functionality.

44cf5ac593272a04d89fd4af4043d672--memes-humor-funny-memes.jpg

Adding BadBehavior to a newer or older version of Torque is kind of irrelevant, since the only thing you change is copying in that folder "BadBehavior" with the source code and adding some lines in the build files so it gets compiled.

right so, the BB addon does not use *any* torque GUI features, at all, ever?

And in the template also the only thing you need to do to install BadBheavior is copying it in and adding one line so it gets executed, the behavior tree editor is its own separate folder and does not interfere with any other scripts.

see above!

I think you are under the misapprehension that any and all add-ons exist in their own bubble, this is not the case, they use existing engine constructs and features as a launch platform to extend the abilities of the engine, in this case, bad behaviour uses the engines inbuilt GUI code, which I will state again for the record has undergone some changes recently to restructure and refactor portions of that.

The only issue I encountered is this: https://github.com/BadBehavior/BadBehavior_T3D/issues/2

oddly enough, sans the right-click crash issue *this* bug has been fixed.

Before you make any more time wasting comments trying to troll and 'prove me wrong' again (you know you could pick a better hobby) I suggest you try and update ubergame to the latest version of the engine, or if you really want to prove me wrong, download the dev head and use the BB editor and see how that works out for you.

I added BadBehavior successfully and am using it, all I had to do was copy the files in and add a few lines so it gets compiled and executed, there was nothing complicated about it and no it does not use anything as it is standalone except the GUI bug that I described that you get since SDL has been changed with SDL2, but I coded my behavior trees by hand to work around that issue.

Here is proof of it:

Engine implementation: https://github.com/Duion/Torque3D/commit/eaa28844c9352eba3498b5f33103e0b7832dbcf3

And game implementation: https://github.com/Duion/Uebergame/commit/87e458ff06fbdc26ea239ce5326d355035f5563f

I would just pull request it, if I knew how to do that, however the only change to existing scripts in the template needed is to add one line to execute the code in server.cs in my case and it is

exec("./BadBehavior/main.cs");

Which then automatically launches all other stuff.

I implemented Bad Behavior and it works fine.

RhEovcl.png

so.... not fine, not functioning would by most definitions be not fine

Image showing source updates to ubergame

zN7o9uO.png

image showing updates to the dev head

FGOsm2R.png

image showing the refactoring of portions of the GUI system

7mN5in5.png

image showing the fixes to an issue with the original refactor

uQNGqGo.png

image showing your continued ignorance of this issue

PnvK7v6.png