TorqueLab - Revamped Torque3D editor (under development)

92 posts Page 3 of 10
Mud-H
by Mud-H » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:55 am
Can you provide a precompiled exe for those who just want to test it quick?
That's a good idea, I will try to pack something up later or maybe tomorrow. I have update my demo to new 3.7 release today so I will pack a demo based on it.
So did you decide to open source your editors now? Since on your site they are still for sale.
Hehe, I should clean up the my website. It's not really ready for public use. And yes I changed my mind and decided to open source it. I will try to clean up my website then, it was mostly to test an online store component.
And your major know issue that the game crashes when exiting, I have that also, so may not be related to your changes. It happens when for me when I make major changes to the look of the level, especially lighting related things, after I made those the editor is likely to crash on exit.

Yes, i think I just need to add something to MissionCleanup, I haven't had a look at it yet but shouldn't be a major problem.

---------------------------------
So I will try to get a precompiled version using the FullTemplate so anyone could give it a try simply. It should be available tomorrow, I will drop a note here when ready.
Mud-H
by Mud-H » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:37 am
I made a quick precompiled build using the T3D 3.7 Full Template with the ForestEditor scripts changes applied. It's not perfect and test proof because I found that something have changed about the ForestEditor. There's a new setActiveForest function for the ForestEditorCtrl. Without using it, it was not finding a valid forest and asked to create a new one but then it was saying can't create more than 1 forest. Anyway, it seem to work but I will need to investigate a bit about that new function, during some testing, I had to select another tool than paint forest tool and then switch back to paint forest tool to be able to paint new trees...

I will update the FullTemplate demos in the next days but at least it seem to work. You can have a try but before having a good demo, I will need some days to stabilize everything.
Here's the link to the first pre-compiled demo but there's no guarantee that it won't crash...
http://www.mud-h.com/T3D/TorqueLabDemos ... l_v3.7.rar
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:52 am
Duion

by Duion » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:12 pm
@
Mud-H

Quite a lot of features, testing them all will take some time, but what I already noticed is, that you cannot paint trees in forest, if you try to an empty popup comes with "yes" and "no" an no matter what you click you cannot paint trees.

And your site did not look very active, but I thought you may have plans for the future, even though it is not very likely, since the major engines going free the Torque market has become even smaller to non existing.
Yeah you should really clean up those advertisements for downloading big boobs videos in your forums.
Mud-H
by Mud-H » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:31 am
Quite a lot of features, testing them all will take some time, but what I already noticed is, that you cannot paint trees in forest, if you try to an empty popup comes with "yes" and "no" an no matter what you click you cannot paint trees.
About the paint trees issues, I mentionned it in previous post. In the demo I packed I had problem painting trees sometime but switching to erase brush and back to painting brush, it was working after.
Anyway, about TorqueLab, it's the first time I make something I made available to others and I guess I was trying to much to make it "perfect" after the last week release. It still in early development and I can't at this stage worry about everything at once. Thanks a lot for testing it and I will take in consideration all your feedback and comments to improve it but I have to stop trying to rush things. So from now on, I will take my time to make things right and I will prepare a real demo later. I will still keep the community up-to-date about new major commits.

About the website, it was never intended to be ready for public use but I should have think about it when I have put the adress in my videos. I will try to clean it more tonight and fix the big boobs advertisement video that I was not aware of... Also, like you said, I think the Torque3D community got smaller over the years and it's a bit the reason why I decided to not try to sell something that maybe 2-3 person would buy. I prefer to help the community getting better tools to keep Torque3D alive and competitive with other engine. I think Torque3D is still missing some important tools like a something to create 3D roads network, and it's a bit why I start working on TorqueLab after finding a lot of problem when trying to add new tools to stock editors. I hope to be able to add some advanced new tools in the future with TorqueLab but first I need to make the base solid...

Out of topic: About 3D roads editor, I remember in a old release of T3D (maybe TGEA) there was a profile editor for the mesh road, anyone know why it's gone? Also I have been trying to find some ressources about a way to add object along a spline but maybe my lack of english skill made me miss a ressource about that. Is it what the PathShape ressource is about? Anyone know about a ressource (old or new) about similar features?
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:37 am
No, PathShape is a path following shape.
Duion

by Duion » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:56 am
There is a resource somewhere out there that has a profile editor for mesh road.
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:35 am
https://github.com/GarageGames/Torque3D/pull/1105 was PRd too. dunno if anybody has had time to come up for air from their various projects to look it over though.
buckmaster
Steering Committee
Steering Committee
by buckmaster » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:19 am
@ Mud-H feel free to carve out a section on the T3D wiki for your documentation if you want. I tried to start a page for this sort of thing but it hasn't seen much use.
Mud-H
by Mud-H » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:27 am
Thanks for the MeshRoad editor profile reference, I will have a look someday. For now, I'm trying to fix the quit crash that is happening since I moved to T3D 3.7... (More info: http://forums.torque3d.org/viewtopic.ph ... 2289#p2289 )

I made some improvements to TorqueLab and have clean some files I kept during initial setup because I wasn't sure what they were. The tools base/ folder seem to contain some TGE relics... Once I figure my crash issue I would start working on a good demo which I will use to continue the development and I would share so anyone can have a try simply by getting the demo.
92 posts Page 3 of 10