myFunProject_01

37 posts Page 3 of 4
Steve_Yorkshire

by Steve_Yorkshire » Wed May 20, 2020 4:54 pm
Kork and Elf girl reunited! Just need Space Ork, Boombot and Forge guy (did anyone really notice him?) for the full party. ;)
fLUnKnhaXYU
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Thu May 21, 2020 3:34 am
This is no postFX , notice the ultra dramatic boost in frameses . I used GIMPs fuzzy select and set the threshhold to where i left out the alpha affected pixels on the edge and in the material editor I left transparency unchecked and set the alpha threshhold slider until the edges looked ok .

but yes , Duion is correct , I zoomed way in and saw the alpha affected pixels .
Steve_Yorkshire I did a quick search for spaceKork and didnt see anything . ForgeGuy is the new T3D soldier yes? HOW did I leave that out ? Geez .
THX.

fLUnKnhaXYU
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Sat May 23, 2020 9:14 am
more showing off as Kork wins the wheaties cup .

fLUnKnhaXYU
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Mon May 25, 2020 3:07 am
departing for tall builings in the distance
arriving
Duion

by Duion » Mon May 25, 2020 2:07 pm
I see you used my dandelion plant, it seems I did not know about halo removal back then as you can see in the distance the plants turn very dark, with halo removed they would stay green and blend with the grass, especially if you use the fizzle fade a bit as well. I know it is nitpicking from me, but it is a small detail that can have a big impact on the overall look of the scene.
fLUnKnhaXYU
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Mon May 25, 2020 9:06 pm
Thanks for your art , Duion , and for clarifying a bit more what the halo issue is . And do you not feel that "for personal use" feels a little restrictive ? Ive had that program for a while and never installed it because of that being in the license aggreement . So , considering that they give the nice program away for free is more than generous , however that small stipulation sorta feels a little restrictive and as you're an artist Im sure you understand how that might affect the enjoyment of your work . .
Duion

by Duion » Mon May 25, 2020 10:24 pm
Are you talking about Haloremover? I cannot see any license issue there, it is made for people to use it, it is freeware. That guy has a license section on his website that is for his art assets that he offers which are also freeware.
fLUnKnhaXYU
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Tue May 26, 2020 2:50 am
the installer requires that i to agree to "solely for personal use only" . thats pretty plain english ,
Duion

by Duion » Tue May 26, 2020 3:58 am
But you still seem to have no idea what it means legally. The software is freeware, you can use it for free on as many computers as you wish, you can even redistribute the program unaltered. I also don't know when personal use becomes commercial use, it is probably when you run a business with multiple employees. I also don't know the difference, but on Garagegames for example you could buy a indie version or a commercial version of some packages or tool, the difference was that with the commercial version you were allowed unlimited revenue and were allowed to transfer the license of the program while the indie version was limited to the use of you or one person and 250k revenue and these are just their definitions.

I wonder why you even bother, I mean when you at some day have a game development studio multiple people working for you and make millions of revenue, then it may be time to read license agreements more carefully and buy the appropriate licenses, but even then most likely nobody will even care. If that is really an OCD level problem for you, you can just ask the creator.
fLUnKnhaXYU
by fLUnKnhaXYU » Tue May 26, 2020 8:44 am
Duion , thank you for your advice concerning the legalities of an EULA ..

Im more concerned with the problem with the small dandelion plant that it flashes out when closer than .2 units above the terrain . I emphasied "small" as most such models are a bit larger and do not present the same problem . That and the cheetah wheels aren't working (rotating) when used for the tires for the buggy . The steering works though .. I wanted to make my selfie beside the buggy but ,you know , it didnt seem right with it not running right .
37 posts Page 3 of 4