I need support

Satan

Hello everyone,

So a couple weeks ago someone i personally know closed his torque 3d virtual world due to lack of players, however i bought his virtual world of him but he did not give out support which sucks... Anyways if you're willing to help me out, it would mean a lot...

I only need help with:

I: Running the launcher

It gives errors which i can't solve myself unfortunately, so i thought why not reaching out a Torque3D forum! And I can't run it as i dont own a mac, and the virtual world used to be compatible for Windows, iOS and Linux
/// Perhaps need three separate launchers so that it will be compatible for all machines!

II: Creating a database

Where the accounts will be stored after the registration process

III: Domain

I'll be paying for the domain, but I do need help with GoDaddy as I want my virtual world to sync with GoDaddy

That's all i need help with that at the moment as i have fixed a few things myself and also my friend but we could not run the launcher, nor in debug mode :/ (The developer told me that we need a Mac in order to modify/run his virtual world but it was compatible way back and i did not needed a iOS then!

Thanks! :)

To get support you need to actually tell us what you need support for.

i explained what i need help with, i mainly need help with the launcher because it does not run... perhaps because his domain is unavailable when he closed his virtual world

We cant help you with custom components, Torque3d has no launcher so this must be something else.

T3d is multiplatform, it runs the same way on mac, windows and linux.

If the launcher is significant you need to learn yourself how it works and try to find out what it communicates to t3d.

I assume you have the full files for the virtual world, in that case what you could do is grabbing a clean version of t3d and try porting it there.

T3d has no default launcher, account system or domain associated things.

If you want help you need to provide more information.

To get support you need to actually tell us what you need support for.

i explained what i need help with, i mainly need help with the launcher because it does not run... perhaps because his domain is unavailable when he closed his virtual world

We are a forum about the game engine called Torque3D, which has no launcher, no database and no domain, you seem to be having issues which some kind of roleplaying game maybe, you did not evne tell us the name of, how we are supposed to help you, if we do no not even know the name of the program you are using?

• 2 weeks later...

Most likely this is Torque Game Engine(TGE). There was a Mac version of that engine. When T3D 1.0 was initially released they dropped Mac and Linux support. Anyway your acquaintance must know most of this. They probably used Mac development tools. If they have the full licenced version of TGE 1.xx, then they should have the source files that you would need to build your binary. You could attempt to port it to the Newest T3D but honestly, that would be unrealistic, since it would be difficult even for someone who was versed in both TGE 1.5x and T3D.

What version of Torque is it?

• 2 months later...

Most likely this is Torque Game Engine(TGE). There was a Mac version of that engine. When T3D 1.0 was initially released they dropped Mac and Linux support. Anyway your acquaintance must know most of this. They probably used Mac development tools. If they have the full licenced version of TGE 1.xx, then they should have the source files that you would need to build your binary. You could attempt to port it to the Newest T3D but honestly, that would be unrealistic, since it would be difficult even for someone who was versed in both TGE 1.5x and T3D.

What version of Torque is it?

they used mac files, i’d have the full source of the virtual world which is pretty chill but the thing that sucks is that i have a windows 10 so running the launcher would be a pain in the ass... however i don’t know which version of TGE they are running, might ask him about that! and if you’re willing to help me out with im willing to pay you

Yeah for sure the starting point would be to figure out what version of the engine he used. TGE will definitely compile on Win10 and modern visual studio(though a few tweaks may need to be made to do so, due to changes in compiler behavior over time).

So starting point is figure out what build of the engine it was, and make sure you have all the source and project files. Once you have all that, I'm sure we can puzzle out what's going on with the domain integration.