Getting player view angle height.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
Code_Man
by Code_Man » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:34 pm
I looked at all of those examples, they might work but in all honesty those are horrible hacks if you ask me.

I will try them, but this doesnt inspire confidence in the api.
Duion

by Duion » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:56 pm
I think they or some of the methods just offset the view by a random value up and sidewards, thats also how almost all other games do it I think.

Counter Strike for example does not even have a random spray, but a hard coded spray pattern, so the recoil will be always exactly the same and if you memorize it good enough you can counteract it so you will always shoot accurate.

I just ask what you want that is so revolutionary different than all other games that have recoil.
Code_Man
by Code_Man » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:04 am
Its just that im not sure setting a variable that changes player input or using an explosion to achieve this are such great ideas.

And its sort confusing having a camera object entity separated from the player but not reflecting vertical states.
Could someone explain the reason for this?
Code_Man
by Code_Man » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:05 am
Ok i used the method where the variable that gets input gets modified, it works ok so far, cant speak for multiplayer.
But im still stunned at the idea what exactly happens.
There must be some entity that controls where the player looks up/down serverside.
Code_Man
by Code_Man » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:36 pm
I am facing a similar issue now but i cannot fall back on what i did previously.

I am trying to make turnable vehicle turret, however once again i cannot set the camera rotation.

%client.camera.setRotation(vectorAdd("x y z", %client.camera.getEulerRotation()) doesnt do squat, i tried with setMode("FreeRotate") too but no effect.

However since i intend to make vehicles with turrets and barrels, i will probably add a shapeBase as a turret and shapeBaseImage as a barrel.
If i can get the camera to be inside the turret i might solve my issue on atleast one axis, but now i wonder what would the control object have to be so i can delegate commands to both the turret/barrel and the vehicle itself.

Anyone have an idea?
15 posts Page 2 of 2