Dx11 Problem with Full Template on 3.10.1

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
ohmtal
by ohmtal » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:48 pm
I think it happen, when I add a Waterplane. Using Debug and DX11 I get:

C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$shadowSoftness' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$atlasXOffset' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$atlasYOffset' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$farPlaneScalePSSM' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$overDarkPSSM' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$fadeStartLength' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$atlasScale' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$worldToLightProj' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$scaleX' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$scaleY' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$offsetX' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$offsetY' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$dynamicWorldToLightProj' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$dynamicScaleX' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$dynamicScaleY' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$dynamicOffsetX' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$dynamicOffsetY' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!
C:\torque\Torque3D-3.10.1\Engine\source\gfx\genericConstBuffer.cpp(285,0): {Fatal} - The '$dynamicFarPlaneScalePSSM' shader constant in shader 'shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl' was unassigned!

After that T3D becomes very unstable and crashes on exit. Using GL i've no problems.

Any ideas on that error?
Duion

by Duion » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:08 pm
Make a release build, problem solved.
ohmtal
by ohmtal » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:14 pm
Thanks for the answer :)

I removed the part "if(mWasLost) ..." in gfxD3D11Shader.cpp. Engine runs much smoother now in debug.
Duion

by Duion » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:32 pm
Sorry for cynicism, but that is how I fix most things, if I would bother to fix any little issue for real, then I would have probably never have gotten anything done like most others.

I only know that my game runs fine with that version of Torque, well relatively fine as they are errors that make it not run anymore in Debug mode, but I stopped bothering.

In short I have no idea where your issue comes from, the version runs fine for me and I have water planes in most of my levels.
Dwarf King
by Dwarf King » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:06 pm
Thanks for the answer :)

I removed the part "if(mWasLost) ..." in gfxD3D11Shader.cpp. Engine runs much smoother now in debug.
Is that still the case now?
ohmtal
by ohmtal » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:30 pm
I'd used a development version of 3.10.1. The stable Version does not have this problem. I'm switching to Preview 4 at the moment because the 3.10.1 (dev) water is broken. Sorry for the confusion.
Dwarf King
by Dwarf King » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 am
I'd used a development version of 3.10.1. The stable Version does not have this problem. I'm switching to Preview 4 at the moment because the 3.10.1 (dev) water is broken. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries :mrgreen:
7 posts Page 1 of 1