programatically adjust soundemitter volume?

fLUnKnhaXYU

hello ,

Since im here anyway with my just posted issue with turretShape , Im gonna go ahead and post this new stumbling spot . The volume control listed in the sound emitters property panel in the editor does has no affect for me . I just encountered this while hoping to reduce a profile volume ie or eg or whatever a small camp fire which sounds like a roaring inferno . I haven't studied it very deeply and I am a bit unabashedly hoping someone might have a suggestion on programatically adjusting the volume . kind of strange thing that the option is in the properties but when i use Emitter.dump it shows no options for volume get or set . to clarify , as I probably should , this means ability to use the same profile at different volumes . thank you .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Duion , I don't remember exactly the issue/s but choosing the openAL required a little editing of the preferences file , if I recall correctly . I wont say I didnt screw it up myself with a openALsoft driver or one of my haphazard approaches to who knows but I was left with the impression 3.10 was somehow stabler . At least I, f I recall correctly , the openAl driver was an available option . Sorry Ill not be able to answer any technical questions , ok? I will be getting back to some audio adventures though , eventually . Thank you .