Visual Node Tool base, please!

BadFactor

Hey, im very surprised if you guys, get me a tool, with that i can work, means, im not a Coder in each direction. Im a gamedesigner, but its kind of hard, to keep focused on text based windows, sorry, its boring for me. And not really fun to play with!

could you please make a tool, that could perfect fits to Torque3D, please!

that would be great, should be like a FlowGraph tool, from CryEngine, cause its easy to use. But with the strenght, that it could run also other script langs in a nodeable design. to linked with. Also be customizeable in nodes, (maybe packs) and GUI design. (i mean, Skins)

i like the black/ greyd UI design that someone put it in, for some month. that kinda cool, hopefully there comes more. just a few, not to much, guess maybe 5.

I've started a slow march towards this, as I agree that I think having visual tools for script, materials and the like is incredibly importanting going forward.

However, it's not the highest priority currently, as focusing on stability and bugfixes is a bit more important in the short term than shiney new things. :P

I do plan to get it finished and integrated in the future though, hopefully for 3.9 or 4.0.

I like the idea, but I think you will always get better control through directly writing scripts. Not to say that using a node-based editor isn't a terrific way to build a working script that you can tweak manually if you want to - that would be very sweet.

GameSnap - Dave says in the Readme.md that it's based on Scratch, so I don't know how (or even if) it can be used with Torque....

Yes of course, that kind of logic blocks even the colour style is from Scratch.... even that blockly thing that shared saindd or the logics blocks that use "Stencyl" http://www.stencyl.com/help/viewArticle/178 :roll: all come from Scratch

Lukas ask if anyone has experience with this... so... :lol: I shared that

I don't thinks this is the correct patch for t3d maybe in the future, I don't want the "button" to create a game hahhaha but I want the tools and better one if possible. :mrgreen: don't misunderstand I love the idea, but will be great other kind of tools first.

Btw I don't know why this kind of engine tell the people "No Coding Required" pfff you are coding alike with the mouse :lol: :lol: but you are coding.... Even is more annoying see this example, this mean you need to search with mouse or wheel or write in the search field what you need and then added with the mouse very tedious. More to Carpal tunnel syndrome we care our community :lol: just joking here... but yeah we care ;)

http://static.stencyl.com/v3/images/tour/dm.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think the graph-based approach makes more sense for visual things like shaders than actual logic, though apparently people really enjoy kismet so maybe I'm just a curmudgeon. For example, that screenshot looks like the most horrendous pain I've ever seen haha.

Yes of course, that kind of logic blocks even the colour style is from Scratch.... even that blockly thing that shared saindd or the logics blocks that use "Stencyl" http://www.stencyl.com/help/viewArticle/178 :roll: all come from Scratch

Not what I meant - I meant, "based on what he said, it looks like it is build on top of Scratch." Not that it "uses a node-based system vaguely similar to Scratch." VPLs have been around for a while and Scratch isn't the first. I mean, really, Scratch is based on GRAIL (1968) using your interpretation of "based on" even though not a line of code could possibly be the same. :roll:

Well, Kismet is not ugly of course, but I see very big to try to add.... the best is to try to keep this simple and real, right? for us to maintain and develop.

I mean, this conversation is for add a visual/block logic, so what other alternatives we have? The other it's come to my mind is the game logic for blender.

https://www.blender.org/api/blender_python_api_2_74_release/bge.logic.html

character-logic.jpg

screenshot002.jpg

BGE1_012.png

Torque's editors use a sort of "cheap" reflection system to get the fields off of objects so they can be displayed in the inspector. We've all seen the object inspector? Notice how many fields most things have? We're talking about an ugly editor... lol