can you to re-use forest file ? -SOLVED-

fLUnKnhaXYU

Define "do not work". You likely have overwritten something or some file reference path is missing or wrong.

For example there are files in art/forest/* called brushes.cs and managedItemData.cs which are required for the forest to work and each forest only works with the managedItemData.cs file it was created, if that is changed, it will break.

I addressed this issue before, since a forest file is binary data and will become useless if managedItemData is changed, which may happen in your case, when you want to merge different projects and/or change/extend things.

My suggestion was to have a different managedItemData.cs and brushes.cs for each level to avoid that issue.

You can also edit the compiled binary files to make it work, but this is ugly and kind of a hack, it may work, but I cannot recommend it.

Ive changed the paths to the models and the forests do not generate . I was hoping itd work more like terrain materials where just the name seems to be all thats needed . I did try renaming the ItemData names found in the forest file and re-naming the brushes to match the names in the forest file neither way worked for me .Thank you Duion.

Today , I replaced the brushes and managedItem files with the files straight from Konserian Highlands expansion . I then changed the addresses in the shapefile fields . Might be worth mentioning that I put the MIS and .FOREST and other files inside ; levels/KonserianHighlands/MIS_konserianHighLands/ , as well as , directly into the levels folder . neither way generated the forest . So , as you've said , I believe it breaks the file to change the item paths . Im pretty sure that bundling everything into the original file structure would work but my intent is to separate things a little , into specific expansion packs which sorta lends toward some organizational benefits of these nice packs various themes .

If you are using my asset packs, read the readme, it tells you how to install it, I think you have to install the Uberpack1 over the Konserian pack, since the Uberpack contains all the forest items and of course do not change the file paths or you have to upgade them in the managedItemData.mis.

But I would not suggest you to use my old asset packs, since they are bad, I upgraded the quality and functionality of some assets and use them in Uebergame now and threw away some bad ones. You can just use Uebergame as a base, since I regularly update and fix it, at least the assets, the scripts may be too complicated.