Exec Unable to Find File

Scripting questions, discussions, etc
16 posts Page 2 of 2
greenfire27

by greenfire27 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:24 pm
It wasn't able to load the file directly either! Here's the end of the console.log file:

Missing file: D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Pirate Code/modules/Bootstrap/1/boot.cs!
Module Manager: Cannot load explicit module Id 'Bootstrap' at version Id '1' as it failed to have the script file 'D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Pirate Code/modules/Bootstrap/1/boot.cs' loaded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Module Manager: Finish loading '1' explicit module(s).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missing file: D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Pirate Code/modules/Bootstrap/1/boot.cs!

As you can see, the module failed like before and then I ask it to load the file directly and it gives the exact same answer. And again, the actual file is the dso - not sure if it matters. Any ideas? Corrupt file? He said he already uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Should I try loading a different file?
LukasPJ
Site Admin

by LukasPJ » Mon May 14, 2018 6:13 pm
If you get the opportunity, I would consider trying the following line, just for shits and giggles:
exec("D:/Steam/SteamApps/common/Pirate Code/modules/Bootstrap/1/boot.cs");
Furthermore, I would try creating a new .cs file (test.cs), and exec that one. It could just have an echo statement:
echo("I was executed!");
greenfire27

by greenfire27 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:52 pm
Well this problem was my fault. In my haste to debug I had turned on "IgnoreDSOs" which is why none of my files would load after that. The released version of the game only has DSOs.

The user still only gets a black screen with music though and I'm at a loss about why. His setup is almost the exact same as mine, except his graphics card is a little more powerful.

Anyway, I told him to try uninstall/reinstall again or try it on a different computer and we'll leave it at that. He got the game for free. Still, I don't like walking away from a bug like this.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Thu May 17, 2018 3:50 pm
Any chance he could provide a new console.log file now that the script load issue is resolved?
greenfire27

by greenfire27 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:36 pm
There's nothing unusual in it. It loads just fine, but has a black screen.
greenfire27

by greenfire27 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:20 am
Found this on the web.

https://support.thebehemoth.com/hc/en-u ... ame-audio-

I'm going to guess that I had a similar problem.
16 posts Page 2 of 2