Crash in current development branch, on MatInstance::isInstanced()

Expanding and utilizing the engine via C++.
33 posts Page 4 of 4
TorqueFan
by TorqueFan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:20 pm
I am envious of your understanding of the inner workings of T3D's code! LOL! I go about as far as to write custom rendering functions within object classes, but that's about it. Any of the more deeply embedded functions, such as those belonging to SceneManager or GFXDevice etc., I just depend on the engine to do work =D

Yea, I hear ya, using the proper viewing frustum to begin with sure does seem like a good place to start. For someone like myself, with limited knowledge/understanding of the 'core' rendering code, I just seek greater knowledge around the subject. Considering all of the updates and changes taking place as of late(specifically around the core rendering code lol), I am taking the opportunity to glean as much wisdom as possible from the transition.
Bloodknight
by Bloodknight » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:27 pm
I have no idea who moderates or works the forums, but it might be useful if common internet methodology is used and threads like this that have an actual solution posted could be locked off and a [solved] tag prepended to the title. I know we have a small community here, but i still think there's a larger quieter community who use the engine and run into issues finding a [solved] link always makes my day a little brighter when searching solutions for problems. :)
Johxz
by Johxz » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:43 pm
I have no idea who moderates or works the forums, but it might be useful if common internet methodology is used and threads like this that have an actual solution posted could be locked off and a [solved] tag prepended to the title.
You are right, this should be posted in here Torque 3D website feedback
I know we have a small community here, but i still think there's a larger quieter community who use the engine
Very true! :lol: I think the mostly are programmers... :mrgreen:
33 posts Page 4 of 4