I can't control Head and Look animations

Expanding and utilizing the engine via C++.
26 posts Page 3 of 3
noemen

by noemen » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:53 pm
@
Duion
and @
TorqueFan
, I do that, thank you so much for the great help. You made a person happy. I admit I was frustrated, but now I'm happy. I will follow your recommendations ... I will share with you my success!
TorqueFan
by TorqueFan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:03 am
That's wonderful news, noemen! I feel very strongly about this topic of helping newcomers because I have clawed my way up through the lack of information around some of this stuff myself. Not that it's not all out there, but there is such a different viewpoint from those who have been working with the engine for a number of years and those who are just stumbling in trying to get it all working.

My goal is to help present this information in a new light. That's a bold statement, but somebody's gonna have to sit down and perform these mundane tasks in order to prevent this sort of frustration from occurring for others in the future. I'm going to be proactive on this front and do that.

It is widely unknown to the community here, but I have been working for a long while towards this end. I have a lot of really exciting things I want to share for everyone here, but I really was planning to drop it all when 4.0 full hit. This way I'm not introducing things that will become irrelevant with its release. I feel 4.0 is at a good place, and it is Christmas time after all, so I'm going to take a more prominent stance trying to share some materials I've been silently constructing in the background. Anyways, have fun man, it's only gonna get better!
TorqueFan
by TorqueFan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:42 pm
Hey @ noemen ! We hadn't forgotten about you, quite the contrary! Duion has started a topic here about all this, where we're discussing this new tutorial presently:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1739

edited to add: I've sent a PM to @ noemen apologizing for him having to see all that on the boards and inviting him to engage with me there while I am working on this new tutorial. Cheers!
TorqueFan
by TorqueFan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:32 am
Just wanted to post an update about that tutorial!

The good news is I've got the document completed for Part I of the tutorial! The not-so-bad news is I won't be able to publish it until later tonight or tomorrow. Cheers!
Bloodknight
by Bloodknight » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:43 pm
Just wanted to post an update about that tutorial!

The good news is I've got the document completed for Part I of the tutorial! The not-so-bad news is I won't be able to publish it until later tonight or tomorrow. Cheers!
such a tease....
TorqueFan
  by TorqueFan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:30 am
Be teased no longer! First installment of the series! Starts off a bit slower, and there is a part about renaming the animations I'm still typing up. Will ramp up much more quickly once we get into Part II and beyond. I had a good bit of fun getting this all together :D

Still a bit of formatting stuff I'll be working on, but I'm beat. Got worked like a mule! Picking up where I left off tomorrow, updating some pics and so on.

https://www.upstateindie.com/tutorials/ ... nim_I.html
26 posts Page 3 of 3