What am I missing here - guiOffscreenCanvas port?

Expanding and utilizing the engine via C++.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
LoLJester

by LoLJester » Thu May 16, 2019 8:16 pm
I'm trying to map GUIs onto meshes. I came upon this resource: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1276
Anyone familiar with the guiOffscreenCanvas code?
I successfully ported the guiOffscreenCanvas.h and guiOffscreenCanvas.cpp files to Torque3D 1.2
What other files are affected by this class? How does the guiOffscreenCanvas get mapped onto a mesh and where is the code that does that?
The original resource http://www.garagegames.com/community/re ... view/10899 does the mapping in void ProcessedMaterial::_setStageData(){...}; but, that doesn't seem to be the case with guiOffscreenCanvas in the most recent T3D code.

Anyone's help would be much appreciated.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:59 am
i know i needed help to get it to work with the new version of torque but with help from az and othgmars i got it working, if the code builds okay chances are there is a naming convention missed in the model files and datablocks can you post the model datablock you are trying to display the gui on?
LoLJester

by LoLJester » Fri May 17, 2019 8:36 pm
Hi, marauder2k9. It's a TSStatic shape, so it has no datablock. Azaezel, OTHG_Mars, and MangoFusion have also helped me to get it to work except the part where the rendered gui on texture disappears when I resize the window.
I'm doing some debugging right now. I've been in contact with those guys Discord.
3 posts Page 1 of 1