3.10 vs 2008 build issues

Hodo33

Hi,

Double click on the error and post the line of code that the Debugger will highlight.

I have a feeling that there is a syntax error on how a variable in the engineTypes.h file is declared; or, it could be that there is a missing } somewhere.

Yeah, that looks to be an issue with how 2008 handles the code structure for whatever reason. Likely a code features 2008's compiler just doesn't support.

As OTHGMars said, 2015 and 2017 both compile just fine, so I'd suggest upgrading to one of the two(2015 is a bit more stable than 2017, they've had a very weird bug/bugfix cycle with 2017)

Thanks for the input.

Opening the 3.10.1 full template there is only vs 2008, vs 2010 and vs 2012 in the build directory. I have 2017 so which solution should I use to convert? Is it possible to drop a 2017 solution into the build directory for future use?

Update:

I got it to mostly build in 2017 using 2012 sln

Open AL wont build because of the include path.

In the lib directory I find this Engine/lib/openal-soft/include/al

but the includes path in the compiler is looking for engine/lib/openal/win32

any suggestion to rename directory or change path in compiler ?

Thanks for any input

@Hodo33 That project is also a bit outdated. Currently T3D requires cmake to generate the solution files needed for compiling the engine. You'll probably want to start with a fresh clone or download of the engine source code. Then follow the instructions here. If you follow those instructions and then open the solution file that cmake generates for you, you should be up and running with the new T3D.

Up and running meaning I can use VS 2017?

Why go to all the trouble of using cmake to generate it wouldn't it be simpler to just post a game.sln for 2017 ?

I'll do the cmake deed but seems redundant.. Thanks for the help and info...