Having problem with aim offset

Scripting questions, discussions, etc
17 posts Page 2 of 2
XIXWYRMEXIX
by XIXWYRMEXIX » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:38 pm
@
Johxz
- Yes I found that forum post just after my last post here. obviously something is wrong with the setAimObject. Thank you for the link I will look into that as a possible solution/band aide. I was planning on finding other target solutions anyway, I suppose this just bumps up the timeline on that.

@
rlranft
- Thank you for showing me your solution to this issue, I will check into using that or something similar as a solution as well as checking out the eyeoffset. As an aside to you I will be doing some of your tutorials next, just wanted to thank you for providing them.

Out of a bit of concern is this going to be fixed soon? It does not bother me personally much, as I have been playing around with Torque off and on for years now, I love the engine. Spent most of the previous time learning about art assets and level/mission design, looking into the AI stuff now. I could see how a Torque beginner might find this extremely frustrating as the setAimObject is one of the few actual AI functions in Torque. To find it broken could turn off beginners from using the engine or learning more about it. I consider myself a beginner with Torque still, but I am happy with the engine, and I view problems like this as another way to learn more about Torque, and Torque scripting. I have been having a blast learning about basic AI scripting and I am now designing my own.

Thank you for responding you have both helped me out a lot.
XIXWYRMEXIX
by XIXWYRMEXIX » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:51 pm
Update- I implemented the eyeoffset to the standard lurker just to test and the bots aim and hit now. I will use this for now and check out implementing and developing another solution in the future. At least this allows me to make a prototype level with AIBots that can aim and shoot and hit me.

Thanks for the help!
Johxz
by Johxz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:16 am
yea something is wrong with the setAimObject I think that fix need to be included. The prototype I did was close combat for than reason I not see this :| I'm glad we can help.

turn off beginners from using the engine or learning more about it
this is true. As comment a side, the other day I read in Facebook someone said that he is using currently unity3d, but he wished it had some features of torque3d. :roll: :D

if you don't know someone develop a datablock plugin for unity :lol:
Johxz
by Johxz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:38 pm
Johxz
by Johxz » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:03 am
the bug is fixed in the current development branch. pull #1657
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:51 pm
I created a function that tells an AI to aim for a node/bone in your mesh, this way u can set different difficulties for different AI one that's a sniper that headshots one that's a basic soldier always goes for body mass etc etc
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:49 pm
https://github.com/Azaezel/Torque3D/com ... 49c5c84b19 have a 4th solution. (note caveats that prevent that from going in as a generalized solution. *could* do the math via scripts, but really, why take the load hit.)
17 posts Page 2 of 2