Weird Point Light Shadow Glitch

Materials, textures, lighting, postfx
14 posts Page 2 of 2
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:11 am
I should also say that I'm gonna be changing this hallway to being a bit more modular but I've noticed that when two meshes join together at their edges it also causes a bit of a shadow glitch where shadows from one mesh are overlayed onto the next I'll get a screenshot when I get home, I think it was only happening when two lights where in the scene but a question I have is this, is there a way to get the suns light to shine through a surface with no backface, the ceiling in this example is only one polygon with some chamfering in the edges there's no backface to it it would be handier than using point lights and would probably produce better shadows too along with the ambient setting. I was using a sun in this scene just for the ambient setting with it's brightness set to zero and shadows set to off but it just seems too much of a waste to do that.

I also tried to use basic lighting instead, but none of my meshes are producing a shadow. I have created datablocks for a static shape to access its animations from a trigger. the old play thread execution. for opening doorways. but they don't produce a shadow in basic lighting neither does any tsstatic shape as far as i can remember
RichardM

by RichardM » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:02 pm
If the player material is set to cast dynamic shadows, then they will not render as cubemap shadows, for the simple reason that dynamic cubemap shadows are not implemented in the shadow code.
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 am
https://gist.github.com/Azaezel/0a0bda2 ... 1-txt-L113 + https://gist.github.com/Azaezel/0a0bda2 ... -L205-L208 should (but isn't) be all that was needed to get that squared away. Will have to do a bit more digging on that as time allows unless someone else has already been looking into that end of things for what we missed there.
marauder2k9
by marauder2k9 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:40 am
has it been tried with that if statement removed?
14 posts Page 2 of 2