Terrain edge seams.

LoLJester

I'm using L3DT's mosaic feature to export very large terrains to T3D 1.2.

Terrain looks good in L3DT but not in T3D. There are seams to where the terrains join. I read that at the edges of the terrain extra polys are added to prevent the player from falling off the map and are the cause of these artifacts. The polys are not visible, but can be detected when a terrain brush is placed on those edges.

Is this right and is this fixed in the latest release of T3D; and if so, can anybody please point me in the right direction?

The last time I used it(3.5.1) there were no seems like you say. However the textures from L3DT were very low resolution. When I went to use my own textures, the targeting was weird(no blending) and I had to really mess with the terrain textures settings to get it to look right again. Try it out in 3.9. I would but I've gone over to full Linux.

I don't think it's the size of the terrains. The size of the terrains in the pics are 2048x2048. They are just two terrains placed next to one another. I tried it with lower res, such as 512x512, and same problem. I think that it has something to do with the extra polys that are added at the edge of the terrains as shown in the third image.