[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5150: file_get_contents(https://freedomsponsors.org/api/project/294): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway
Occulus Rift DK2 [ALSO: OpenVR] - Page 9 - Forums | Torque 3D

Occulus Rift DK2 [ALSO: OpenVR]

Materials, textures, lighting, postfx
89 posts Page 9 of 9
JackStone
by JackStone » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:43 pm
Ok, so I am almost there!

I have my rift, it's working great.

I am now attempting to run my T3D projects on it. I have enabled "unknown sources", and I am running the D3D11/Open VR example project given in this thread.

Without enabling VR, the project works fine, no issues.

When I enable VR (in windowed mode) the headset picks up an app being loaded, switches out of the home screen, but both my desktop view and the HMD view are black.
When I hit escape, I can see a message "are you sure you want to quit?" appearing on the headset and the desktop app.

When I run in fullscreen, I get a crash, something about DirectX not being able to run in full screen.

I am assuming I don't need to run in fullscreen mode? Is there anything obvious that I am missing here?
JackStone
by JackStone » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 pm
I think I might have found the source of the issue. After creating the canvas with VR enabled, I see this error in the console:

"VR: HMD device has an invalid adapter."

I'm digging through the source now, Could this be the cause, or is it inconsequential?
JackStone
by JackStone » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:29 am
Ok, I didn't realise that SteamVR has to be running, I assumed just the Oculus app needed to be running.
I can now get video on my Rift, but I have no head tracking,and the camera position seems to be wrong. The controller also doesn't work, but that's not a major problem.
I will keep digging, I am almost there!

EDIT: I should point out that head tracking works fine in the Oculus Home screen, and all of the Rift Demos, so it's not a hardware issue.
stevel
by stevel » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:11 pm
So I've update our project to include the Basic OpenVR support code checked in a few days ago by Areloch, I've added the openVR files into the project, as well as openvr_api.lib, I turned on TORQUE_OPENVR, and everything is compiling and linking. I have a DK2, which is still working mostly. I removed all the Oculus specific files. Everything is compiling and linking. What do I have to do to get my project to just echo what it shows to the rift? Is there a lot of development that I am missing, or just some option I have forgotten to turn on?

Thanks for any advice
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:20 am
Stevel:

I hadn't tried the openVR stuff with the rift, just the vive, but as far as I know, it should PROBABLY work.

There's some script-side stuff to add to make sure it renders to the headset canvas and stuff. I'll pull that out and update here for ya to try.

(As an aside, I'm working on making a VRCameraComponent to cut out a lot of these extra setup junk for the future)
stevel
by stevel » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:30 pm
Script-side stuff makes sense, as I don't think that there was much of that in the development branch update, and there was talk of an option that needed to be turned on. An update here with some additional info would be great!
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:17 am
Alrighty, put this together from Mango's examples, so pull it down and give this a whirl

https://github.com/Areloch/Torque3D/tree/OpenVRFullTemplate

For the project/engine config, you should just need to tick the advanced options: TORQUE_EXTENDED_MOVE and TORQUE_OPENVR in cmake, hit configure, and there'll be a new option TORQUE_OPENVR_SDK_PATH. Put in the path to the openVR SDK and hit generate.

Recompile and the engine side'll be good. If you grab the link to my one branch and use the changes in the full template, you should be good.

Hadn't tried it with the rift, only the vive, but it should all check out on that front at least.

Lemme know if you run into any trouble spots.
stevel
by stevel » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:38 pm
Thanks for this. I seem to have gotten the code up and running, and I am seeing a split screen in my project on the monitor, but when I look into the rift, I just see a little hourglass icon. Not sure what is going on here, but I will post if I have any useful information about it. (I have a DK2, and get warnings from the oculus software that it's not supported, but it still works with the demos.) I should try this in the T3D directly, not just in my project, and see what it does there.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:32 am
stevel wrote:Thanks for this. I seem to have gotten the code up and running, and I am seeing a split screen in my project on the monitor, but when I look into the rift, I just see a little hourglass icon. Not sure what is going on here, but I will post if I have any useful information about it. (I have a DK2, and get warnings from the oculus software that it's not supported, but it still works with the demos.) I should try this in the T3D directly, not just in my project, and see what it does there.

Yeah, like said, only tried the openVR with the vive, not the rift, but if you spot anything in the logs, or find any details, feel free to post it here and we can try and hash things out.
89 posts Page 9 of 9